XEP support and compliance list

Hi all

I would love to get the exhaustive list of XEPs which have been implemented in the latest build of Jitsi Meeting.
Would it be possible than Jitsi.org publish or just reply this question in the forum ?

Many thx in advance
Erwan

What is the use of that? XMPP is for internal use in the system and if you want to interface with the system we recommend using the provided API, there backward compatibility is taken care of, where the internals of they system can change.

Hi

Basically mot of the XMPP client describes its features and capabilities by listing the XEP which are actually implemented and intended to work. This is very helpful when you want to compare the various XMPP clients existing on the market.
It seems that I’m not the only one asking for: confer to [jitsi-dev] Suggestion: supported XEPs.

So it might be my question in the wrong category. I should have put it in the category ‘users’ (?).

Thx anyway for your consideration
Erwan

If you are asking about Jitsi Desktop, the legacy client, that make sense. But it is not relevant for jitsi-meet.

Hi

If so, I need further explanations about Jitsi Meet since I thought it was a XMPP client, at least for the chat part. On the web, it’s sometime introduced as XMPP client which I understand is wrong. Only JVB and Jifoco are XMPP “clients” in Jitsi architecture.
I found some answers here Jitsi Meet: What is XMPP used for?.
Finally and [jitsi-users] Is Jitsi a "regular" XMPP server?. But it still sounds quite unclear.

Is there somewhere a detailed document describing the internal architecture of Jitsi components and how they interact to each others ?

Many thx still

There is no detailed description of the internals, other than a diagram of the components.
Jitsi-Meet is a client that you use from the web or mobile. You can interact with the provided APIs, but it is not a legacy xmpp client, although it uses xmpp to communicate with the internals of the system. Same and for the rest, jicofo and jvb use xmpp to communicate with the client (jicofo) or communication between jicofo and jvb. For example, there are two xmpp parts of the communication between jicofo and jvb, one using the muc (jicofo to discover jvbs) and the second one jicofo communicating with jvb to open channels which at the moment is being modified to drop the xmpp part and leave HTTP API for that part.