Xcode compilation with bitcode enabled

Hello,

Our project is based on an open source codebase that makes use of JITSI meet. Admittedly, I only know the basics about how Pods work; however, I have a requirement to build the project with bitcode enabled. I have read a few articles suggesting that JITSI meet does not support bitcode, but I figured I’d ask here to see if anyone has had success compiling in such a manner. I’m not expert enough in Xcode to know how to essentially “exclude” a library from the global “bitcode=true” setting (if that is even possible).

If anyone has insight about how to accomplish this, we’d greatly appreciate the assistance in getting past this compilation hurdle.

For reference, here is the error I’m receiving in Xcode:

'[path]/ios/Pods/JitsiMeetSDK/Frameworks/WebRTC.framework/WebRTC' does not contain bitcode. You must rebuild it with bitcode enabled (Xcode setting ENABLE_BITCODE), obtain an updated library from the vendor, or disable bitcode for this target. file '[path]/ios/Pods/JitsiMeetSDK/Frameworks/WebRTC.framework/WebRTC' for architecture arm64

Thanks,
Chris

1 Like

In case anyone is interested, I was able to resolve this and get a debug build for my application with bitcode enabled. A bitcode version of the WebRTC framework can be found here:

https://dl.bintray.com/webrtc-builds/webrtc-builds/

By replacing the framework with the files located here, I was able to get it to compile. I don’t necessarily know if JITSI “works” properly with those files in place (it probably does) – for my purposes, I just needed a bitcode enabled build against which I could run some vulnerability scans. This allowed me to make it past the Xcode errors about not having bitcode for JITSI.