Working modes of multiple jvb

I am using multiple jvb for load work, but I am very curious about how it works. In my opinion, it is more like the main / standby mode. I searched the forum and found no similar description. Is there any corresponding document? Or can you explain it? It’s a huge help for people who like jitsi

There is some excellent, current information (as of 2020-12-18T05:00:00Z) here:

The schema includes a connection between videobridges and prosody (?) on port 5347 that don’t exist AFAIK.

Yeah. The guide, updated 2 days ago, and the manual install mention port 5347 is used for Jicofo.

As you stated, however, I do not see where JVBs use inbound 5347. That diagram part of the guides probably need to be updated

Thank you for your reply. I have successfully deployed several jvbs. Now I want to know what working mode it is based on, such as random, rotation training, or master-slave
@damencho Can you answer this question?

Research Octo & org.jitsi.jicofo.BridgeSelector.BRIDGE_SELECTION_STRATEGY here: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-videobridge/blob/master/doc/octo.md#jicofo-configuration

Thank you for your reply. I don’t want to use Octo. I just want to know how many jvb works. Unfortunately, there is no good documentation.