With screensharing other speaker sometimes still gets focus; why?

When using screensharing some users complain that the screen switches back to the dominant speaker. The screen should (ofcourse) stay focussed on the shared screen. I don’t know how to reproduce it. Could it be related to the browser used? Something the user can do about it?

Any help would be awesome!

Regards,
Rick

did you try to set ‘follow me’ option ?

Thanks for your reply.
You mean in the config? That is already on ‘remote-only’, which it should be, right?
Otherwise in the settings in the config is something that seems only logical to do for the entire meeting, right? Or let me know if you mean something else.

Thanks!

Regards,
Rick

in the settings in the ‘More’ tab, yes. No idea what you mean by logical.

Thanks!
I meant this settings felt like something you select for the full meeting, not only when presenting.
Maybe a good idea to add this feature to the context menu of the moderator like behind the 3-dots or in the same menu as now only the ‘flip’ option is? Then it is easier to find and more aligned to the use-case.
Although interesting to understand why the pin in the config apparently does not work.

Try this

AUTO_PIN_LATEST_SCREEN_SHARE: false,

Hi, Thanks for the reply. But this setting appears to do the opposite of what we try to accomplish, right? Screenshare should be pinned. Or what does the setting do?

Regards,
Rick

It works the other way around when we tested it. With remote-only, it switches to active speaker even during screen share. When false, the screen share gets precedence.

Not sure if this is still an experimental feature.

Thanks. Interesting. Someone from Jitsi can shed light on this issue? @damencho or @saghul?

Following on from this, is the auto-focus on the speaker a default setting or is this enabled somewhere?