When guest waiting for host, can't see host after host join in

Hi,
I am having a bit problem with latest jitsi-meet install secure domain. here is how i did it,

1. install jitsi-meet on ubuntu 16.04.5 using quick install
  2. added configuration with secure domain

everything works fine except one problem. when a guest user joins a room that is not created, user sees the waiting for host message, which is what it supposed to do. then when moderator creates the room, guest connects and joins the room. In the moderator side moderator can see the guest but on the guest’s side he cant see anyone. here is the console log after guest joins the room
after guest refreshes the browser guest can see the moderator. here is the console log after guest refresh the browser

can anyone suggest what could be the reason? I have a working server from back in January 2018 which doesn’t have this bug. any workaround suggestion? just give me a direction.

Hi ! Thanks for the logs ! I don’t see anything obvious there. I’ll give it a try on the latest master. Maybe something’s broken.

Thanks @Pawel_Domas for the reply. From my observation, for some reason the remote track doesn’t render the first time. the following log is not there when guest joins after waiting for host. On the other hand, this log is shown after refresh,

[modules/UI/videolayout/RemoteVideo.js] <r.updateConnectionStatusIndicator>: tanvir-e119e8 thumbnail connection status: active
JitsiRemoteTrack.js:198 (TIME) Render video: 5811.700000000201
JitsiRemoteTrack.js:217 (TIME) TTFM video: 4814.100000000508
Logger.js:125 [modules/UI/videolayout/VideoLayout.js] <Object.remoteVideoActive>: tanvir-e119e8 video is now active <video muted=​"true" autoplay id=​"remoteVideo_24eb2231-ad21-4750-b5ba-e5bb97cdf955-1" style>​​
Logger.js:125 [modules/UI/videolayout/RemoteVideo.js] <r.updateConnectionStatusIndicator>: tanvir-e119e8 thumbnail connection status: active
[Violation] ‘setInterval’ handler took 116ms
[Violation] ‘setInterval’ handler took 93ms
Logger.js:125 [modules/UI/videolayout/LargeVideoManager.js] <>: hover in %s tanvir-e119e8
[Violation] ‘setInterval’ handler took 53ms
Logger.js:125 [modules/UI/videolayout/RemoteVideo.js] <r.updateConnectionStatusIndicator>: tanvir-e119e8 thumbnail connection status: active
Logger.js:125 [modules/UI/videolayout/LargeVideoManager.js] <>: hover in %s tanvir-e119e8
Logger.js:125 [modules/RTC/BridgeChannel.js] <RTCDataChannel.e.onmessage>: Channel new dominant speaker event: tanvir-e119e8
Logger.js:125 [modules/RTC/BridgeChannel.js] <RTCDataChannel.e.onmessage>: Channel new dominant speaker event: 8109a608

So far I was only able to test with master and it worked. Does it happen every time ? I’ll try to go through the logs one more time

@Pawel_Domas the guest can here the audio…it’s just the video that doesn’t show up…ya i happens all the guest who were waiting (I tested with 3 guests) …after the room is created if a new guest joins the conference there is no problem, video renders correctly

i tested with src 2808. it doesn’t have the problem i reported above. however src 2809 has. I am guessing the problem started there. the problem is only on web, guest user mobile has no problem.

Hi @Pawel_Domas,
Did you get a chance to go through the logs again?