What is roadmap

Hello guys. You made a great product with no doubts, most of your decisions are unique for small webRTC community. ljm is the only help needed part of full project ifrastructure for this moment.
Want to understand the next steps.
Will the videobridge suport H264 in future ? Will lib-jitsi-meet be rewriting with no SDP-interop ?
Will be able for jicofo to opearate between participants using something except MUC ?
Will unified plan simulcast available? Where are you need contribution from community?
Thanks

Welcome and thanks.

It is supported in general, but there are some issue around it which needs attention, but I think @gpolitis can give more details here.

Again I will ask help from @gpolitis, if we move to unified plan will we drop the SDP-interop?

Nope, currently jicofo is using xmpp for all comunications, it needs a complete rewrite to get rid of it or to abstract it and make a pluggable protocol of communication.

It will be coming, I hope later this year … but no ETA for the moment.

Thanks a lot

Simple h264 is already supported; h264 with simulcast is not. If somebody from the community would like to work on that I’m happy to help but it’s on our roadmap afaik.

I think that’s where we’re heading, but it’s not fully decided yet and there’s a long discussion pending around how to proceed with unified plan.

1 Like