Webinar solution for Jitsi

Hello,

I was just wondering how i can get a webinar like behaviour with Jitsi.

I have read issue [jitsi-users] jitsi for an online event? but i wanted to check if there have been any imrpovement on this subject or can there be a workaround solution…

For example, i would like to have a meeting with 50-60 participants… But the actual multiviewer window will handle only one speaker and 4 participants with audio/video and all the rest will be watching as guests…

I would like to let them watch the main stream and when someone raise hand to ask a question or to join the conference, i would like to swap one of the four participant on the screen with this one and give audio/video access… Simply, there will be 5 publishers and rest will be subscribers (reveivers)…

The missing feature i see in jitsi is, only youtube streaming seems to be a solution to make people watch who are not a member of the conference… or is there a better way to administrate this? Are there any commands which i can use in the API or the config file to achieve this webinar moderating? Or in other words, is there a way to join 50-60 people in a conference but only 5 of them will displayed and have audio/video access; rest will also participate the call but will not be on the layout and will have a/v disabled…

Many Thanks

Onur

There is no such behavior right now. You can setup lastN, the number of active participants. The last N people that talked will be displayed and will have video. You can also set all participants to start audio and video muted. This is what we have currently.

All the participants will be visible as thumbnails with their names and avatars, there is no option to display only N number of people. We will be working this year on a project for big conferences and something similar maybe added.

There is no option/api call for a participant to change the last n, to say which streams to be in or out of the last N. The current implementation is that jvb decides on that base on settings and receiver available bandwidth.

Thank you very much for your explanations; i will check lastn… also i hope to have some more features this year together with your big conference project…
kind regards
Onur