Webinar maximum participants

Hi!

I have a new project where client needs a setup to organise job webinar for their clients.
In webinar only moderator have access of all feature and only his screen can sharable to all participants and participants can listen audio and view screen of moderator.

As per their needs which I mentioned above I have done it quite easily by modifying code for web , iOS and Android.

The only technical concerns is they are asking to know how many participants they can have in webinar?

So please guys help me out and guide what can be the real maximum participants in each webinar or is there anyway can I extend the numbers.

Thanks

It depends on the infrastructure. We support up to 500 participants in Jitsi Meet, but you need to have a beefy enough infrastructure to support it.

Awesome!! Can you please elaborate the meaning of infrastructure ?

Are you talking about the server specifications ?

Are there any resources link can you share so I will forward to my System/Network team to look into that and create the best infrastructure as per client needs.

It’s virtually impossible to provide a spec that would work for everyone, since it also depends on the meeting shape: is everyone sharing their own video, etc.

You are going to need multiple JVBs with OCTO configured, that’s for sure. So I’d start by setting up a couple, load testing and adding more as needed.

1. No one can share audio and video .
  2. Only moderator can share audio and video just like a normal webinar works.

My client is looking to have a setup to organise webinars where they can have 3000 participants round about in the meeting with above two settings.

It’s currently not possible to have 3000 participants in a meeting.

Ok . So any real number of maximum of participant can you share so it would be easy to document maximum strength of the system and it would help our client to know the system details in more depth.

Thanks

As I mentioned earlier 500 participants is our limit at the moment.

Ok Thank you very much , I highly appreciate your prompt response .:+1:

You may share the moderator session to multiple Jitsi rooms.

See jitas and the related video

Can you please elaborate little more so I can understand.

Hi !

There is limit of 500 participants in one meeting but no limit of meetings I guess.

So I would suggest to the client to create 6 meetings so they can handle 3000 participants at the same time, because they can manage 6 host who can run same webinar in their own room likewise a class room of each teacher.

So my question is I hope we can hoat 6 parallel meetings with 500 participants ? Is that possible or not .