Wasm error could affect audioLevels value?

Hello!

I’m running Jitsi-meet in my server and using iFrame API to communicate with my frontend.
I received always this error:

wasm streaming compile failed: TypeError: Failed to execute ‘compile’ on ‘WebAssembly’: Incorrect response MIME type. Expected ‘application/wasm’.

I’m trying to show the current audioLevel of each participant, but when I console.log it from the Thumbnail.js _renderRemoteParticipant(), I get always audioLevel = 0 but the audio works good.

Could that wasm error affect the audioLevel value?

Is there any solution to that?

Thanks!

Add this to your main nginx config: Add mime type mapping for wasm to default Debian nginx config. · jitsi/jitsi-meet@63f0166 · GitHub

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick answer! :slight_smile:

I’ll do it.

But just to know, that error is the reason why the audioLevel value is 0?

Thank you!

I don’t think so. You don’t see them in the UI of jitsi-meet?

Running Jitsi-meet in local it works and show the audioLevels in realtime. Also, in local there’s no wasm error shown.

That’s why I thought that wasm error and audioLevels to 0 could be related.

Do you recommend to work on the lib-jitsi-meet to handle the audio in a more accurate way?

What do you mean?

Sorry,

I mean, if I would like to apply some audio effects like a noise gate or some EQ, that it should be implemented in the lib-jitsi-meet?

Because I see that mostly everything related to audio happens in there, more than in the Jitsi-meet.

Yep.

1 Like

Got it :slight_smile:

Thanks @damencho for your replies!