Wait for host error

Hi all,

I am currently writing a plugin for jitsi that allows not to start a meeting without an organizer, while using jwt authorization for all users. The plugin works like a “muc-occupant-pre-join” hook, but I can’t get an error message telling me to wait for the host to join.

How can I achieve this so that when the host joins, the conference will start for regular users as well?

1 Like

How did you configure Prosody authentication?

Have you enabled guest access in config.js ?

Yes,

But all users have jwt tokens, but some without moderator rights

Ah, I see. So they won’t be guests then. Not sure how possible what you ask for is. Deeper changes might be necessary. To start with, your plugin must return an error when joining the muc if the moderator is not there, otherwise we don’t display that dialog.

Now the plugin correctly detects if there is a moderator in the room and throws an error. For example like this

session.send(st.error_reply(stanza, 'auth', 'not-authorized'))

But in the xmpp message, the presence tag is sent to me. If I understand correctly, then for the required window you need to send an error in the iq tag

This is where we process stanza errors: lib-jitsi-meet/ChatRoom.js at fa834c2923e78fe00cc206b1bc99248874d544c6 · jitsi/lib-jitsi-meet · GitHub

I can’t find the ‘Waiting for the host’ error here. What parameters do I need to pass to get it?

If you’re using this mod: mod_token_owner_party

I made it works by commenting this line: org.jitsi.jicofo.auth.URL=XMPP:meet.example.com
and adding: org.jitsi.jicofo.auth.URL=EXT_JWT:meet.example.com

in file: /etc/jitsi/jicofo/sip-communicator.properties

and switching from event.origin.send(st.error_reply(stanza, ‘cancel’, ‘not-allowed’))
to event.origin.send(st.error_reply(stanza, ‘auth’, ‘not-authorized’))

on the mod_token_owner_party.lua

Try it