[VOTE] Martin André for release manager

Hello all,

Since we are really really really close to a stable version of SIP Communicator, I think that times are ripe for starting all the logistics necessary for a release. These include - deciding where to draw the line, which are the issues that need to be resolved for the release, and generally preparing the checklist that we need to complete to get there.

Most open source projects appoint a person that is responsible for synchronizing development and deployment activities when a release is being prepared. Here's how Richard Hall described a release manager on the Felix mailing list:

"The release manager is the person who is responsible for making sure all of the T's are crossed and all of the I's are dotted when we go to make a release (e.g., making sure we have the appropriate LICENSE and NOTICE everywhere they are supposed to be, tagging the release, signing the release, etc.)."

I would like to propose Martin Andr� for a SIP Communicator release manager. We have been working together for quite a while and I have come to know the meticulous nature of Martin and am confident that he would do a great job. Besides this, Martin, has been affiliated to the project since its very early days and has a great understanding of its goals and ambitions. I have talked to him earlier today and he has agreed to take this responsibility.

I would therefore like to start a vote for appointing Martin as release manager.

[ ] +1: I accept Martin Andr� as Release Manager. Go, Martin, go!
[ ] 0: I don't care who is the Release Manager.
[ ] -1: I do not accept Martin Andr� as Release Manager.

Note: Votes from non-developers (non-binding votes) are encouraged since they show the general opinion of the SIP Communicator community.

Emil

+1: I accept Martin Andr� as Release Manager. Go, Martin, go!

Emil Ivov wrote:

···

Hello all,

Since we are really really really close to a stable version of SIP Communicator, I think that times are ripe for starting all the logistics necessary for a release. These include - deciding where to draw the line, which are the issues that need to be resolved for the release, and generally preparing the checklist that we need to complete to get there.

Most open source projects appoint a person that is responsible for synchronizing development and deployment activities when a release is being prepared. Here's how Richard Hall described a release manager on the Felix mailing list:

"The release manager is the person who is responsible for making sure all of the T's are crossed and all of the I's are dotted when we go to make a release (e.g., making sure we have the appropriate LICENSE and NOTICE everywhere they are supposed to be, tagging the release, signing the release, etc.)."

I would like to propose Martin Andr� for a SIP Communicator release manager. We have been working together for quite a while and I have come to know the meticulous nature of Martin and am confident that he would do a great job. Besides this, Martin, has been affiliated to the project since its very early days and has a great understanding of its goals and ambitions. I have talked to him earlier today and he has agreed to take this responsibility.

I would therefore like to start a vote for appointing Martin as release manager.

Note: Votes from non-developers (non-binding votes) are encouraged since they show the general opinion of the SIP Communicator community.

Emil

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

That's great!

+1: I accept Martin André as Release Manager. Go, Martin, go!

Yana

···

On 11/17/06, Emil Ivov <emcho@emcho.com> wrote:

Hello all,

Since we are really really really close to a stable version of SIP
Communicator, I think that times are ripe for starting all the logistics
necessary for a release. These include - deciding where to draw the
line, which are the issues that need to be resolved for the release,
and generally preparing the checklist that we need to complete to get
there.

Most open source projects appoint a person that is responsible for
synchronizing development and deployment activities when a release is
being prepared. Here's how Richard Hall described a release manager on
the Felix mailing list:

"The release manager is the person who is responsible for making sure
all of the T's are crossed and all of the I's are dotted when we go to
make a release (e.g., making sure we have the appropriate LICENSE and
NOTICE everywhere they are supposed to be, tagging the release, signing
the release, etc.)."

I would like to propose Martin André for a SIP Communicator release
manager. We have been working together for quite a while and I have come
to know the meticulous nature of Martin and am confident that he would
do a great job. Besides this, Martin, has been affiliated to the project
since its very early days and has a great understanding of its goals and
  ambitions. I have talked to him earlier today and he has agreed to
take this responsibility.

I would therefore like to start a vote for appointing Martin as release
manager.

[ ] +1: I accept Martin André as Release Manager. Go, Martin, go!
[ ] -1: I do not accept Martin André as Release Manager.

Note: Votes from non-developers (non-binding votes) are encouraged since
they show the general opinion of the SIP Communicator community.

Emil

Emil Ivov wrote:

Sounds very sensible to me, particularly as Martin is willing to take on the responsibilities. Thanks Martin!

BB: +1 vote for Martin

Regards

···

I'm glad to hear we'll soon have a release!

···

--
Romain KUNTZ
kuntz@sfc.wide.ad.jp

Emil Ivov wrote:

Emil

Hi,

I have some concerns about Martin, but they are too much related to
private matters... in fact I'm just kidding :-p...

Allez Martin, Allez Martin !!

[X] +1: I accept Martin Andr� as Release Manager. Go, Martin, go!

···

Hello devs,

I am very flattered by such an honor and I accept the responsibility of release manager with a great pleasure.

Let's work together to push for the first release of the SIP Communicator!

Thanks for your enthusiastic support,
Martin

Emil Ivov wrote:

···

Hello all,

Emil

Hello all,

Here's the summary for this Vote:

+1 votes: Emil Ivov, Richard S. Hall, Chris Vincenot, Jean Lorchat, Romain Kuntz, Yana Stamcheva, Alexander Pelov, Damian Minkov, Java (a.k.a Julien Waechter), Martin Andre
  0 votes: Matthew Rubenstein
-1 votes: -none-

Congratulations Ben, you are now officially a SIP Communicator developer. Welcome to the team!

Emil

Emil Ivov wrote:

···

Hello all,

Emil

+1: I accept Martin Andr� as Release Manager.

Emil Ivov wrote:

···

Emil Ivov wrote:

Hello all,

Emil

Great, I am very glad to see such wide participation. Than you all for
participating in the vote!

Now that this has been settled we can start preparing for the alpha1 release.

Our starting points could be the project roadmap available here:

http://www.sip-communicator.org/index.php/Development/Roadmap

as well as all issues associated with it and available here:

https://sip-communicator.dev.java.net/issues/buglist.cgi?target_milestone=alpha1&component=sip-communicator&issue_status=UNCONFIRMED&issue_status=NEW&issue_status=STARTED&issue_status=REOPENED

I don't think there's any point in setting a fixed deadline. Let's just try to get there as soon as possible.

Cheers
Emil

Martin Andr� wrote:

···

Hello devs,

I am very flattered by such an honor and I accept the responsibility of release manager with a great pleasure.

Let's work together to push for the first release of the SIP Communicator!

Thanks for your enthusiastic support,
Martin

Emil Ivov wrote:

Hello all,

Emil