Virtual backgrounds, blur and a new look-and-feel now live on meet.jit.si!

14 Likes

Stunning! Absolutely stunning!

Great job, team!

4 Likes

Hi @saghul
this is super cool news!!! :wink:

When do you think you will release it to stable?

Best regards
Christoph

@saghul does it will come with update to stable versions?

Soon … most probably this week … we are still fixing some issues we found there and there and will push it to meet and stable.

3 Likes

Thank you.
Really looking forward for that update.

It’s great enhancement and very cool to see the background in Jitsi, I’m waiting the new release :grinning:
Thank you Jitsi Team :+1:

Hi,
The new virtual background looks great but it seems to cause a heavy video lag spoiling latency. Is it just me???

Hmm…mm I think it’s just you… this hasn’t been my experience at all. :thinking:

is the new Jitsi is released ?

Good news. a great contribution to the platform.

I’m facing some strange issue when the virtual-background is set and pre-join screen is enabled in custom deployment.

Scenario
I have started a new meeting and click on the Join-Meeting button appears on the pre-join screen to enter into the meeting. I have set the virtual-background. Now something went wrong with Internet connection and I’m out of the meeting( OR refreshed the page). Now When I try to rejoin the meeting then I can’t pass the Pre-join screen because I disabled the video button. In console I’m getting UnhandledError: Cannot read property 'getTracks' of null Script: null Line: null Column: null StackTrace: TypeError: Cannot read property 'getTracks' of null error.

The only way to re-join the meeting is to enable the video on Pre-join screen.

If I set virtual background to none then I’m not facing this issue

@Freddie
Thanks for the feedback but I have tried it now on two different PCs. Without virtual background if I clap my hands I see my hand meet almost immediately but with virtual background heavy delay - maybe 1/3 second. I notice that metadata has other issues with virtual background as well.

Not as stable yet.

We are fixing some shenanigans with backgrounds in the prejoin screen.

2 Likes

Really excited to have this feature!
Are there any commands to enable this via the API for custom buttons?

The background blur? Not at the moment.

Can I already have this update on my own server? If so, how could I update it to that new interface?

It’s now in stable. Update to the latest version and you should be good to go.

sudo apt upgrade

I just ran the command

> sudo apt upgrade

and I don’t see my interface update