Videostream stopps and goes to Connection Status inactive

Hey there,

first of all i would like to say THANK YOU for this very nice, simple and easy to use product. I´m not a heavy skilled linux admin but it was pretty easy to get it up and running on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS together with Plesk.

I have just a very small confusion. If i do a conference with 4 or 5 friends, some streams are stopping and in the statistics window is written “Connection inactive”. If the affected person starts to talk again or i klick on the video window which contains the stream from this person the Video starts again. Audio ist working all over the time. It seems to be something like a traffic optimization, but i really have enough bandwidth, cpu, ram free for more streams and i would like to see all the persons connected to a conference.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-17 um 11.05.25

Thanks for your hints & support.

BR

Jitsi instance is available here

No comments on it? :frowning:

may @damencho @saghul have an idea or have an advice …

I have the same issue!!! On all the calls!

still no comment until today. i fured out that is only related to webbrowser sessions. if youre using the app this problem dosnt apear

Still i think this is a major issue to be put into ignore mode… I wonder if anyone has a solution for this!

1 Like

I think this is the same as, would love some answers on this topic as this is a real “deal-breaker” for using jitsi.

We’d also like to have a solution for this as this is very confusing for the users. Our ChannelLastN ist set to -1

We have this all the time as well. Weird that nobody is addressing this.

Its like the developers are not around for now!

what the meaning of Connection inactive ? when this happened?