Video quality

Hello! I have a virtual machine from Google (2 vCPUs, 4 GB memory). Deployed the application to Docker. It is necessary to improve the video quality to Full HD. Please tell me how to do this?

Registered it in .jitsi-meet-cfg/web/config.js, but doesn’t help.

resolution: 1080,
constraints: {
    video: {
        aspectRatio: 16 / 9,
        height: {
            ideal: 1080,
            max: 1080,
            min: 240
        }
    }
},

Perhaps I am specifying the wrong parameters and the wrong ones? Or do you need more resources for my server?

resolution: 1080, // → This is for your local stream
aspectRatio: 16 / 9,
min: 240 //-> Here you have defined, ideal and max as 1080, however minimum is 240 so depending on the bandwidth available it will adjust between 240 - 1080. This is for the remote user videos
}
}
},

And what are these parameters? However, after editing them, access to the camera is lost.

config.resolution = 720;
config.constraints.video.height = { ideal: 720, max: 720, min: 180 };
config.constraints.video.width = { ideal: 1280, max: 1280, min: 320};

And about the video - I have not seen the HD icon above. Actually, as well as by resolution in the connection statistics (on the icons of the interlocutors).
Connected from a PC, laptop, smartphone. No device gives Full HD.

I’m not complaining about the Internet. With these parameters, Full HD should be broadcast without problems. Even 4K is possible. But in reality everything is sad.

With that latency, I doubt you could do that.

correct parameters in config.js would be, however, its gonna hit your server bandwidth bad, Also on your host what is the port size and available network?

min: 720
},
width: {
ideal: 1920,
max: 1920,
min: 1280
}
}

Check your browser js console for errors while hosting a meeting with 3 participants.

After adding this part, the quality drops to low. After deleting from the computer, it again shows HD, laptop and smartphone in LD.

Check your browser console by adding 3 participants for any error … in all probability there will be a Web socket error.

Only these mistakes, nothing else.

I disabled the websocket due to an error at the very beginning. Could this affect the image quality? (ENABLE_XMMPP_WEBSOCKET=0 in .env)

Yes off course. Refer to this thread