Video Quality Impaired - Bridge Channel Disconnected (Real Time Video Attached)

Hello,

I am hosting Jitsi along with supporting technologies on the same server.

For some reason users can see themselves but not other users. Sometimes briefly they can see another user then it goes away. Error in balloon says Video quality impaired bridge channel disconnected. I have attached a video that shows my ports opened, bandwidth speed test and console errors to assist with diagnosis.

What sayeth the group?

Not sure if this is relevant but:

# using localhost IP
nc -z -v -u 127.0.0.1 10000
Connection to 127.0.0.1 10000 port [udp/*] succeeded!
# using local IP
nc -z -v -u 192.168.9.5 10000
Connection to 192.168.9.5 10000 port [udp/*] succeeded!
# using public static
nc -z -v -u 23.90.91.105 10000
# no reply

Thanks.

Jay

P2P works just fine, so this is definitely a bridge issue. What version of Jitsi are you on? Did you upgrade or is it a fresh install? Is everything hosted on the same server?

Thanks Freddie.

Fresh installation. Everything hosted on the same server.

Jitsi versions:

ii  jitsi-meet                                2.0.8138-1                                   all          WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-prosody                        1.0.6854-1                                   all          Prosody configuration for Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-meet-turnserver                     1.0.6854-1                                   all          Configures coturn to be used with Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-meet-web                            1.0.6854-1                                   all          WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-web-config                     1.0.6854-1                                   all          Configuration for web serving of Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-videobridge2                        2.2-63-g252d14bc-1                           all          WebRTC compatible Selective Forwarding Unit (SFU)
ii  lua-basexx                                0.4.1-jitsi1                                 all          baseXX encoding/decoding library for Lua

Jay

When the bridge channel (i.e. Colibri websocket) fails to connect you will usually see some error in the browser console which may shed some light on the issue. Most likely either a mistake in nginx config or JVB config, the logs of those services may also contain clues.

Thank you for your thoughts. I took your advice. I cleared the contents of and then inspected the log /var/log/jitsi/jvb.log as the failure occurred.

This one stood out: “java.lang.Exception: Failed to bind single-port

I searched online and that term immediately brought this post from the community.jitsi.org forum:

The short answer - WEBMIN was running on port 10000 and that was conflicting with the Jitsi meet setup. Though I could have changed the webmin port, I didn’t need it so just uninstalled it. Rebooted for insurance and the problem was resolved.

Thanks for pointing me to those log files.

1 Like

version 0.15.0 with nextcloud integeration, but the ui collides with the nextcloud app icons.

I am also experiencing this issue. I recently upgraded our jitsi server to the latest everything, including from Ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04. I see the same warning message as soon as 2 people join the meeting. The video quality is superb, and I don’t see any other issues except the warning message on the screen. I don’t have webmin on this server. “lsof |grep :10000” shows jvb is listening on that port. Does anyone have any other suggestions on what else to check?

jicofo/stable,now 1.0-968-1 all [installed]
jitsi-meet-prosody/stable,now 1.0.6854-1 all [installed]
jitsi-meet-turnserver/stable,now 1.0.6854-1 all [installed]
jitsi-meet-web-config/stable,now 1.0.6854-1 all [installed]
jitsi-meet-web/stable,now 1.0.6854-1 all [installed]
jitsi-meet/stable,now 2.0.8138-1 all [installed]
jitsi-videobridge2/stable,now 2.2-63-g252d14bc-1 all [installed]
lua-basexx/stable,now 0.4.1-jitsi1 all [installed,automatic]
lua-cjson/stable,now 2.1.0.10-jitsi1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
prosody/now 0.12.2-1~bionic1 amd64 [installed,local]

Clients cannot establish direct connection to the jvb via websocket. Normally a problem with nginx config. Check js client logs in the browser for errors.