Video & Audio not working for one particular client computer!

Hi
I have installed jitsi meet one a server (http=nginx, server is not protected = no firewall + direct access on the internet).
I have followed the jitsi installation process + checked the advanced configuration part.

On my local network (personal network with adsl connection), I have 3 computers (A,B,C). On two of them (A,B) it is working on the third one (C always the same) no video nor audio.

• A see and ear B
  • B see and ear A
  • both A & B do not see and ear C
  • C does not ear nor see A & B
    On the client side in C logs (firefox) I have the following errors:
    └ “ICE failed, add a STUN server and see about:webrtc for more details” => one time
    └ “2020-05-07T13:25:12.378Z [modules/RTC/BridgeChannel.js] <_send>: Bridge Channel send: no opened channel.” => many times

A, B, C have the same network configuration (no proxy, no firewall on the local computer) + same browser FF (last version).

I have tested with a fourth computer D => same problem C does not see and ear anybody => it is working well for A,B,D

Any idea of what would cause the problem ?

1 Like

Additional info, I have done the same test with computers A,B,C on https://meet.jit.si/ => everything works fine.
=> there must be something on my server side but can not find what

Possibly that the UDP packets port 10000 don’t go from the workstation to the server or in the other direction. Use packets sniffers to check that.

1 Like

Is there any log on server side that would display some trace of those UDP traffic (in do not have any packet sniffer available)

no

I guess you have access to Internet, there are open-source software available for Linux and Windows.

using wireshark → no UDP traffic outgoing (for the port you mentionned) from C (the computer which does not see/ear others and which is not seen/heard by others)

having done some more tests this only works if all computers use Opera (last version)
How is it possible that being on the same computer using the same server and same JS libraries, UDP → 10000 has no traffic depending on the browser !!!

Did you check that you can see the trafic from a working computer ? That’s the only way to make sure that you are actually using wireshark effectively on the failing computer. If using the same procedure you can see trafic on a working computer and you don’t see any with the failing computer except with a given software that’s mysterious indeed (may be a firewall problem if it’s a Windows computer where there are sometimes application firewall rules ??)

I have switched off all firewall (on computer, on adsl router, on server)

I have checked on a working computer with wireshark on this one I can see udp connection from computer IP to my server IP:10000

when comparing FF JS logs on a working computer and on the non working one => the only difference I can see is ACE error I mentionned earlier followed by “Bridge Channel send: no opened channel” (many times)

Could this “Bridge Channel send: no opened channel” error be related to a missing UDP connection with the server ?

Is there a way to have JITSI javascript files not minimized → that would help analysing the code “around” those errors (I’m not a JS guru but I can analyze a bit)

I don’t know your problem looks baffling. In your place I’d check that when using Opera and it works on the ‘failing’ computer there are effectively packets going to and from port 10000. It’s so strange that at this point it’s necessary to check everything.
I’d check also network settings for the browsers on the ‘failing’ computer and compare the network settings for the ‘failing’ computer and a working one.
One thing I know about unminifiying Javascript is that it’s complicated.

I just did the following test between 2 computers A & C connected to the same room.

With Opera on both A & C, it works + using wireshark i can see direct connection between A & C → from my understanding this is the peer to peer mode because there is only 2 computers in the room → am i right ?

Doing the same test with FF → on both computer I can see the other connected but no video nor audio → no peer to peer traffic between the two computers

I have analyzed wireshark log .

When it works (opera on both computer), from C i see some exchange between C and the server then comes this packet between A & C

104 4.440559 192.168.1.63 192.168.1.15 STUN 138 Binding Request user: ASa4:4HMI

then some additional exchanges between C and Server
and then comes A↔C packets starting with those ones which make me think that A & C are “connected”

120 5.024345 192.168.1.15 192.168.1.63 STUN 142 Binding Request user: 4HMI:ASa4

121 5.024647 192.168.1.63 192.168.1.15 STUN 106 Binding Success Response XOR-MAPPED-ADDRESS: 192.168.1.15:57950

122 5.026640 192.168.1.15 192.168.1.63 DTLSv1.2 197 Client Hello

When it DOES NOT work (firefox on both computer), from C i see some exchange between C and the server but the traces mentionned above between A & C never comes.
It seems that firefox is stuck in the first step where it exchanges information with the server and never get out of this step.

Yes in this mode the UDP 10000 packets won’t flow between workstations and server. If you want to do tests between only 2 computers because it’s easier you should disable p2p mode on the server in the config.js file (p2p section, enable=false, no need to restart, only empty cache in browsers)

As a consequence of disabling p2p → this does not work with Opera → I have enabled back p2p

The computer C has a 29’’ sccreen with a very high definition → is it possible that this high definition cause a problem ?

I came back to the JS error I mentionned on initial post
On the client side in C logs (firefox) I have the following errors:
└ “ICE failed, add a STUN server and see about:webrtc for more details” => one time

Looking at about:webrtc in FF, I have this:

My understanding is that the server is slow → could that be the initial cause of the problem ?

This is proof that the ‘working’ tests were not using the server.
This is the classic problem of ‘working with 2 computer but not with more’ that is posted on this forum about 3 or 4 times a day. The cause is just this missing UDP connection to port 10000.

But it only appears with FF, it is perfectly working with Opera.
There must be some kind of incompatibility with FF. I’m using FF 64 bit last version.