Version management. Do I deserve a new update!?

root@meet:~# curl http://localhost:8080/about/version 79
{"name":"JVB","version":"2.1.634-gff8609ad","os":"Linux"}

# dpkg -l | grep jitsi

root@meet:~# dpkg -l | grep jitsi
ii  jitsi-meet                            2.0.7001-1
ii  jitsi-meet-prosody                    1.0.5913-1
rc  jitsi-meet-turnserver                 1.0.5415-1
ii  jitsi-meet-web                        1.0.5913-1
ii  jitsi-meet-web-config                 1.0.5913-1
ii  jitsi-videobridge2                    2.1-634-gff8609ad-1

How do I update!? Sudo update seem not to be with autoinstall included…

Doesn’t sudo apt full-upgrade update all packages for you?

if you install the stable version, you don’t get an update until a new stable version is published.

saghul: Nothing happens. I’ve never seen this command before.

gpatel-fr: Maybe that’s why nothing happens! :slight_smile: Thank you! I’m asked to update Jitsi. Do you know when next stable version is planned to be published? Before Christmas? Before autumn? Before summer…?

soon ! maybe too soon :slight_smile: .It has already been announced last week. There is no official schedule TBH, only usually some vague talk about a near coming and then one morning it’s here. If you are on auto update it’s too late your site is cooked.

If there’s an update, it’s for everyone. What am I missing!? I don’'t think it was me setting up the server… I do the maintenance. I’m looking for an answer to tell my boss! It’s all! :slight_smile:

Again, there is no official schedule. You can watch for yourself at the download directory, you’ll see that there is currently no available newer version than 7001 for the jitsi-meet package.

I subscribe to this repo, and I get an update when a release happens:

This is also a good place to find out what the latest stable version is and whether you might need to upgrade.