Version 2021.12.1 broke our token-service

We currently run jitsi-meet-tokens and have build a middleware that authorizes the Users to use our jitsi-meet-domain. Since Version 2021.12.1 we have the issue that we cannot login anymore.

did not find expected authorization request details in session, req.session["oidc:xxx"] is undefined
Error: did not find expected authorization request details in session, req.session["xxx] is undefined
    at /app/node_modules/openid-client/lib/passport_strategy.js:126:13
    at OpenIDConnectStrategy.authenticate (/app/node_modules/openid-client/lib/passport_strategy.js:174:5)
    at attempt (/app/node_modules/passport/lib/middleware/authenticate.js:366:16)
    at authenticate (/app/node_modules/passport/lib/middleware/authenticate.js:367:7)
    at /app/app.js:78:15
    at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/app/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
    at next (/app/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:137:13)
    at Route.dispatch (/app/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:112:3)
    at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/app/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
    at /app/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:281:22

Any ideas what changed in the app, that could break it?

All the best and thanks already for any replies :slight_smile:

Doesn’t seem to be the issue. It’s something that changed in the app. Our jitsi is running fine.

Try wiping the application data, we saw some inexplicable issues when moving to Electron 16 alas, even though there were no code changes.

Application data of the app you mean?

Yes.

I am using the appimage. Can you point me to the place where it is stored on linux and windows. Couldn’t find it on my own.

Try these:

%APPDATA% on Windows
$XDG_CONFIG_HOME or ~/.config on Linux
~/Library/Application Support on macOS

Thanks for the help. Apparently it didn’t solve the issue. We will have to fix our middleware.

Not sure how an update could’ve caused that kind of breakage though.

@d3hof were you able to fix it? I have the exact same issue

We branded our own jitsi-meet-client now, it’s working. But not sure what the exact problem was.

@d3hof Sorry to bother you again. I have now customized the jitsi-meet-electron client. But I have the same problem. What exactly did you customize?

I think this is the fix you need: Update external_api.js · jitsi/jitsi-meet-electron@8f76dc4 · GitHub

Thanks for the help. I tried the fix and also the new version v2022.4.1. But unfortunately, the same problem still occurs. The last working version is v2021.11.2

What exact error are you getting?

The same error as @d3hof:

did not find expected authorization request details in session, req.session["oidc:xxx"] is undefined
Error: did not find expected authorization request details in session, req.session["oidc:xxx"] is undefined
    at /app/node_modules/openid-client/lib/passport_strategy.js:126:13
    at OpenIDConnectStrategy.authenticate (/app/node_modules/openid-client/lib/passport_strategy.js:174:5)
    at attempt (/app/node_modules/passport/lib/middleware/authenticate.js:366:16)
    at authenticate (/app/node_modules/passport/lib/middleware/authenticate.js:367:7)
    at /app/app.js:78:15
    at next (/app/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:137:13)
    at Route.dispatch (/app/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:112:3)
    at /app/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:281:22

Do you have any idea what could be the cause of the problem?

But where does that come from? I don’t recognize any of the packets in the stack trace.