Using p2p mode only

Hi everyone,

In my current project I have the requirement that all connections must be proceeded with p2p. I know that this is only possible for 2 users in each conference which is okay in this case.

But now I can’t determine if Jitsi is actually using the turn server or just the jvb. I already tried to shutdown the jvb (docker container) but that caused that not even 1:1 conferences were possible.

Is there a way how I can make sure that only p2p-mode is used? And would it be possible to use Jitsi without the jvb container to assure that is not used accidently?

And also is it possible to use End-to-end-encryption with p2p-mode as well? How to activate that?

Thank you in advance!
Jonas

AFAIK the videobridge access is needed while establing the connection for P2P too. After that state, no traffic through the videobridge.

turn is not related in P2P directly. Peers communicate with each other directly without turn or videobridge. If this can’t be possible then turn will be used.

You can limit the participant number for a room. Search the forum for this.

Thank you for your response!

Blockquote
AFAIK the videobridge access is needed while establing the connection for P2P too. After that state, no traffic through the videobridge.

Okay, so I will need to run the videobridge even though I am not actually using it.

Blockquote
turn is not related in P2P directly. Peers communicate with each other directly without turn or videobridge . If this can’t be possible then turn will be used.

So does that mean I will not need to configure an STUN or TURN server and Jitsi is still using P2P-mode for a 2 person room?

Blockquote
You can limit the participant number for a room. Search the forum for this.

Yes, I think I have seen that before.

Any idea if the P2P mode is E2E-encrypted?

Thank you
Jonas

Yes, no need for a typical use case but if some clients are behind corporate firewalls then you will need a turn server too.