I work for the Milan Conservatoire of Music Giuseppe Verdi as consultant on networked music learning and performance.
I am currently having an online workshop on networked music with students from three different academies in Europe, our objective is to create music online using latency as a parameter for music making.
At the moment we are in the process of choosing the software we will use for our performance, organized on April 22nd 2020. We have NREN networks (GARR, Nordunet, 1 full gbps, symmetric) and very good hardware and other software. I am very intrested in Jitsi because open source will help people later replicate what we are doing in other universities and academies.
I have an understanding of how WebRTC and networks work, but I am still trying to figure out a couple of key aspects, listed below:
- Is Stereo input working? I read a couple topics saying it was there but sometimes it breaks, can I have a confirmation that stereo inputs is working properly?
- Do I need a jitsi server to enable client/server based communication?
- If yes, is there a way to host a server on a Windows 10 based machine?
- Does the server include STUN and TURN servers?
- Is there a way to force OPUS audio quality to a fixed (maximum) bitrate?
- Is there a way to disable all noise cancelling and input processing so that we have clean full range input? (I know we’re still compressing and how OPUS works, but I’ll call its maximum quality setting “full range”).
Thank you for any help you could give me and I can’t wait to try more of jitsi myself