Using hermes 2.6.1 sdk version

I am able to use 2.4.0 and 2.5.0 sdk with no errors, but i want to use Hermes that means i have to use 2.6.0+ versions i believe and when i built the app shows me error when building.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Duplicate class com.facebook.hermes.BuildConfig found in modules classes.jar (com.facebook:hermes:0.2.1) and classes.jar (hermes-debug.aar)

Did you solved it?

i am not

add the below to build.gradle :

implementation(project(':react-native-jitsi-meet')) {
      exclude group: 'com.facebook.react',module:'react-native-vector-icons'
      exclude group: 'com.facebook',module:'hermes'
    }
1 Like

Update me if it works,
I have another issue where the video in Android is not playing

Thank you its working with no errors my settings is like this

dependencies {
    implementation ('org.jitsi.react:jitsi-meet-sdk:2.6.1') {
      exclude group: 'com.facebook.react', module:'react-native-vector-icons'
      exclude group: 'com.facebook.react', module:'react-native-webview'
      exclude group: 'com.facebook.react', module:'react-native-youtube'
      exclude group: 'com.facebook.react', module:'react-native-community-async-storage'
      exclude group: 'com.facebook.react', module:'react-native-linear-gradient'
      exclude group: 'com.facebook',module:'hermes'
      transitive = true
    }
}

if you have problem write it down if i know i can help you.

Edit: The video screen very laggy then before, i don’t know what cause that.

I used this settings and the conference works fine, but when I try to open the menu my app crashes and I receive this error message:

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Integer
        at com.facebook.react.uimanager.ViewManagersPropertyCache$BoxedIntPropSetter.getValueOrDefault(ViewManagersPropertyCache.java:294)
        at com.facebook.react.uimanager.ViewManagersPropertyCache$PropSetter.updateViewProp(ViewManagersPropertyCache.java:82)
        at com.facebook.react.uimanager.ViewManagerPropertyUpdater$FallbackViewManagerSetter.setProperty(ViewManagerPropertyUpdater.java:134)
        at com.facebook.react.uimanager.ViewManagerPropertyUpdater.updateProps(ViewManagerPropertyUpdater.java:54)
        at com.facebook.react.uimanager.ViewManager.updateProperties(ViewManager.java:48)
        at com.facebook.react.uimanager.NativeViewHierarchyManager.createView(NativeViewHierarchyManager.java:278)
        at com.facebook.react.uimanager.UIViewOperationQueue$CreateViewOperation.execute(UIViewOperationQueue.java:179)
        at com.facebook.react.uimanager.UIViewOperationQueue$DispatchUIFrameCallback.dispatchPendingNonBatchedOperations(UIViewOperationQueue.java:972)
        at com.facebook.react.uimanager.UIViewOperationQueue$DispatchUIFrameCallback.doFrameGuarded(UIViewOperationQueue.java:943)
        at com.facebook.react.uimanager.GuardedFrameCallback.doFrame(GuardedFrameCallback.java:28)
        at com.facebook.react.modules.core.ReactChoreographer$ReactChoreographerDispatcher.doFrame(ReactChoreographer.java:174)
        at com.facebook.react.modules.core.ChoreographerCompat$FrameCallback$1.doFrame(ChoreographerCompat.java:84)
        at android.view.Choreographer$CallbackRecord.run(Choreographer.java:909)
        at android.view.Choreographer.doCallbacks(Choreographer.java:723)
        at android.view.Choreographer.doFrame(Choreographer.java:655)
        at android.view.Choreographer$FrameDisplayEventReceiver.run(Choreographer.java:897)
        at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:790)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:164)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6494)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:438)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:807)