Using both rear and front camera in a call

Hello, I’ve managed to install jitsi and add an app that can show both front and rear camera at the same time as dependency. But i’ve just succeed to add a button that launches a new intent which shows the cameras. What i want to know is how can i show these double cameras inside the jitsi call ? (so everybody in the call can see it). Which file should i check ? Thanks in advance for the replies !

I don’t think the device OS allows this, it’s not a Jitsi thing.

I did not understand what the device does not allow ? Can you develop please ?

Even though some (newer) phones support “dual capture”, at least in Android (I’m not sure it is possible in iOS/iPhone), this is not available in Jitsi Meet. You can use either the front or the back camera.

1 Like

So even if i have succeed to have an app that can show both front and rear camera at the same time, it is not possible to display it in a jitsi call ? Even if I modify the sdk myself ?

I don’t think you’ll be able to do that. We do support multiple video streams, but I’d say our code is not ready to handle 2 cameras, we handle 2 video streams as 1 camera and 1 screen share.

1 Like

Yes but my app is displaying the two cameras as one stream so it should work no ? Can you tell me where the stream is handled in the code so I can try to modify it please ?

That would be in react-native-webrtc: GitHub - react-native-webrtc/react-native-webrtc: The WebRTC module for React Native