Use Statistics, How?

Hi everyone,

I installed a Jitsi server on Ubuntu 18.04. I use Jitsi Meet to have video conference in a frame of a Website.

Actually, I want to know if clients used this feature. Is it possible to enable Jitsi Mett statistics with Colibri or another option ? And how ?

Thank you for your help

Have you tried curl localhost:8080/colibri/stats on your server?
Maybe stats are already enabled?

You can find more information here: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-videobridge/blob/master/doc/rest.md

Stats don’t seem to be enabled…

But Jitsi videobridge store stats according to Jitsi Meet usage ?

Thank you for your help, it’s done !

Seems, that new installations have the private stats (8080) disabled now by default, but the docs state, that is should be enabled by default:

org.jitsi.videobridge.rest.private.jetty.port - Specifies the port for the private HTTP interface (or -1 to disable it). The default value is 8080.

Which is not true.

jetty is disabled by default now.
you can enable statistics by passing the “–api=rest,” value for JVB_OPTS option in /etc/jitsi/videobridge/config file.

Thanks.

the config says:

# extra options to pass to the JVB daemon
JVB_OPTS="--apis=,"

So I assume its --apis= and not -api=. So I would end up with --apis=rest,?

yes sorry for the misspelling

Hi! Just wanted to say thanks for the point regarding jetty. I’d been troubleshooting a Colibri statistics problem – no obvious REST API, and jvb.log had some confusing messages – for quite a while, looking at Woodworker_Life’s tutorials, etc., when I came across some jetty settings for the videobridge2 config. I was about to start adding those to my config when I read this thread.

Instead I went back into jvb.log and eventually realised that the socket for the Cockpit Project service I’m running was clashing with it, on 9090/tcp; I stopped the service and I can now get stats via the REST API on 8080/tcp, as you say, with no additional settings. (Well, the previously-mentioned tutorial does suggest --apis=rest,xmpp and this doesn’t seem to break things.)