Upgrade resistant customization

Dear All,

On my debian buster installation of jitsi meet prior to videobridge2, I did know how to implement customizations which were not completely overwritten by upgrades based in this post: Welcome Page Additional Content

Since upgrading to videobridge2, I am no longer able to apply that since the content of /etc/jitsi/videobridge/sip-communicator.properties did change and jetty is no longer in use. However, I could not find sufficient documentation.

I did customize four files:
/usr/share/jitsi-meet/images/favicon.ico
/usr/share/jitsi-meet/images/watermark.png
/usr/share/jitsi-meet/static/welcomePageAdditionalContent.html
/usr/share/jitsi-meet/plugin.head.html

To deal with upgrades currently, I run a bash script one per night which does copy the four files in place and then reloads nginx.

Is there a more elegant way of making such customizations upgrade resistant with videobridge2?

Regards,

Michael Schefczyk

Put the files in etc/jitsi/meet and make locations for them in nginx config like the already existing one for config.js

Dear Damian,

Thank you very much! Unfortunately, it seems that I did not understand the recommendation correctly. Upon entering the following to /etc/nginx/sites-available/…, the website does no longer work:

location = /favicon.ico {
    alias /etc/jitsi/meet/favicon.ico;
}

location = /watermark.png {
    alias /etc/jitsi/meet/watermark.png;
}

location = /welcomePageAdditionalContent.html {
    alias /etc/jitsi/meet/welcomePageAdditionalContent.html;
}

location = /plugin.head.html {
    alias /etc/jitsi/meet/plugin.head.html;
}

I could not delete the files in the original /usr/share/jitsi-meet-locations. Upon deletion, the website would not work anymore.

Is it required to provide different paths?

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,

You have an error on the nginx file. The location for the welcomePageAdditionalContent.html should be /static/welcomePageAdditionalContent.html (you are missing the ‘static’ folder).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Hugo