Updated Ubuntu 18.04 /etc/nginx/modules-enabled/60-jitsi-meet.conf was removed and JWT issue

After doing apt-get upgrade on a server that had been installed last week from stable and has prosody 11 installed, the website was down. The link /etc/nginx/modules-enabled/60-jitsi-meet.conf had been removed.

ln -s /usr/share/jitsi-meet-turnserver/jitsi-meet.conf /etc/nginx/modules-enabled/60-jitsi-meet.conf

fixed it.

Also because https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/debian/jitsi-meet-tokens.postinst does not find the commented out --plugin_paths when upgrading it does not update mod_auth_token.lua for prosody11 compatibility JWT had stopped working. Running this fixes it:

sed -i ‘s/module:hook/module:hook_global/g’ /usr/share/jitsi-meet/prosody-plugins/mod_auth_token.lua

Perhaps the jitsi-meet-tokens.postinst can do initial writing of config file variables if it does find --plugin_paths, but then do the luarocks, prosody11 compatibility and restart tasks every time so this won’t happen again?

2 Likes

Hi,

This happen with me now, after everything is configured and running, I upgrade my packages (apt-get update/upgrade) and meet is down.
But my recording continue with error. Before update is ok.

Many thanks.

Created an account to say thanks! This was the exact problem I had this morning. Creating that link and restarting nginx resovled my issue. :beers: