"Unfortunately something went wrong" with more than one participant

I’m currently running Jitsi on my Ubuntu 18.04 server. Everything seems to be working fine with it, except the fact that when more than one person connects to a room, I get the “Unfortunately something went wrong” loop over and over again. It happens both on the local network and from the outside. I’ve gone through some of the threads on here, but none of those solutions seem to be helping matters. Any help would be appreciated.

What does your js console logs say?

Same happens here with nightlty and a fresh install on ubuntu.

2020-03-24T20:10:18.845Z [conference.js] <_onConferenceFailed>: CONFERENCE FAILED: conference.videobridgeNotAvailable

Check why your bridge is not there. Are there any errors in the jvb logs?

I think this is the problem :

JVB 2020-03-24 19:52:56.057 SEVERE: [34] org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClientManager.log() Failed to initialize and start a MucClient:
org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException: The following addresses failed: ‘localhost:5222’ failed because: localhost/127.0.0.1 exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)

Yep. netstat -anp | grep lua will give you the answer.

Seems in the end that prosody 0.11.4 is a problem. Not in itself, but the deb postinst script wrote weird things in the xxxx.xxx.cfg.lua with fresh package from prosody.

So : downgrading prosody to ubuntu official 0.10 deb fix the file, and the jitsi-meet install.

I had to restart videobridge after the instal though.

Nighly + non official package … i know.

In any case, thank you !! You’re very helpful !

Hi - we’ve had the same issue on two different fresh install on Ubuntu 18.04 on fresh VMs.

This on latest unstable release.

Fixed it by going to /etc/prosody/conf.avail/subdomain.domaincom.cfg.lua and updating storage = “null” to storage =“memory”

Restarted prosody and everything worked fine.

2020-03-24T20:46:10.767Z [modules/UI/videolayout/SmallVideo.js] <g.w.updateView>: Unable to init avatar - no id
2020-03-24T20:46:10.775Z [modules/UI/videolayout/SmallVideo.js] <g.w.updateView>: Unable to init avatar - no id
2020-03-24T20:46:10.981Z [features/base/tracks] Failed to create local tracks (2) [“audio”, “video”]
2020-03-24T20:46:10.991Z [features/base/tracks] Failed to create local tracks [“audio”] a {gum: {…}, name: “gum.not_found”, message:
2020-03-24T20:46:10.997Z [features/base/tracks] Failed to create local tracks [“video”]

Are you opening http address? Or you are running some extension stoping webrtc.

It does the same thing whether I go straight to our jitsi server through the browser, or through a Moodle plugin for jitsi.