"unfortunately something went wrong " and reconnecting

i am having a problem on ->unfortunately something went wrong, we are trying to fix this, - i am a newbie

os ubuntu 18.04

Hi and welcome.

First open your js console in the browser and check what it the error you see when this happen.

Hi,

I found this is a thipical symhtome lack of NAT or firewall settings. No transport channel opening between client and server on port UDP 10000 OR JVB did not find themself

3 steps to check

1., On public IP
Enable UDP port 10000

2., On NAT
Edit/check your videobridge SIP config file /etc/jitsi/videobridge/sip-communicator.properties file
Add this lines at he end:
org.ice4j.ice.harvest.NAT_HARVESTER_LOCAL_ADDRESS=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
org.ice4j.ice.harvest.NAT_HARVESTER_PUBLIC_ADDRESS=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx your internal and external P address

orig source: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/maste/doc/quick-install.md#advanced-configuration

3., Edit/check your videobridge config file /etc/jitsi/videobridge/config
modify your “JVB_HOST=” line
to
JVB_HOST=localhost
JVB_HOST=127.0.0.1

don’t forget to restart your videobridge using /etc/init.d/jitsi-videobridge restart

If you have same issue after applying settings above, ping “localhost” name and see the result. If you find IPv6 name resoultion reply, then go to /etc/hosts and comment out all of your IPv6 setting, so even kill all of your IPv6 services on JVB server.

hope it is help

2 Likes

thank you let me read through

i have done this - it didnt worked :sleepy:

Did you check the console as I suggested above?

yes i shared a link for better understanding - i failed to decode what you want on the console. can you help me by visiting that link

You always need to look at the first error you see, not the last. You error is CONFERENCE FAILED: conference.focusDisconnected focus.live.sasai.xyz 1. Jicofo is not running or not connected, check its logs.

Hey guys,

I’ve installed Jitsi today on my Ubuntu 18 Server and I’m facing the same issue.
I also get the “Conference failed: converende.focusDisconneted …” error in my console.

Furthermore, my jicofo troughs the following error every second:

Jicofo 2020-04-07 17:52:18.203 SEVERE: [33] org.jitsi.meet.ComponentMain.log() not-authorized, host:xmpp.meet.jitsi, port:5347
org.xmpp.component.ComponentException: not-authorized
at org.jivesoftware.whack.ExternalComponent.connect(ExternalComponent.java:243)
at org.jivesoftware.whack.ExternalComponentManager.addComponent(ExternalComponentManager.java:242)
at org.jivesoftware.whack.ExternalComponentManager.addComponent(ExternalComponentManager.java:222)
at org.jitsi.meet.ComponentMain.lambda$getConnectCallable$0(ComponentMain.java:285)
at org.jitsi.retry.RetryStrategy$TaskRunner.run(RetryStrategy.java:193)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

My UDP 1000 port is open.

Has someone found a fix for this problem?

Thanks in advance

restart these items:
sudo systemctl restart prosody
sudo systemctl restart jicofo
sudo systemctl restart jitsi-videobridge2

Worked for me

1 Like

A quick note…

If you are using cloudflare, or another proxy capable DNS service, make sure that your cname for jitsi is NOT being proxied. Leave, or set it, to DNS only, and point it to your A record, or your DNS updated, like duckdns or the like.

Proxying this conference through a place such as cloudflare will cause this problem to occur.

me it happend too, but if you try to reset your internet connection this is will fix. If I follow this procedure at least it works for me

This Worked for me. Thanks.

I am also facing the same issue. how to solve this issue ?

even i have the same issue but sometimes not regular after showing this error ill just re-start the server prosody videobridge ect then it will work fine but why its coming sometimes also can anyone know how to solve it?

I just had this issue and @Urbanovits 3rd step helped but I did it differently.
I did not want to touch the default install videobridge file “/etc/jitsi/videobridge/config” so instead I edited the “/etc/hosts” and added this line “127.0.0.1 example.domain.com” this way if any other application is set to look for default localhost it will point to itself.

I compared these settings with my live server.

Hi All,

I uninstalled the JITSI and tried the fresh install using the article: https://jitsi.github.io/handbook/docs/devops-guide/devops-guide-quickstart

I have also set a domain and advance configuration but getting this “unfortunately, something went wrong” issue when the second user joins the call.

I tried the solution posted here: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/issues/5696
But it didn’t help.

I also tried the solution posted by @kitsis here: Room crashes when anyone trys to join
But still, it’s not working, getting the below error when second users join the call.

How to fix this?

Worked for me. Thanks!

This solution didnt work for me

thank you!!
These settings solved my problem.