Understanding jicofo.log and jvb.log

I’m self-hosting and building from source, and lots of messages (mostly INFO) are written to /var/log/jitsi/jicofo.log and /var/log/jitsi/jvb.log. Where are these messages being generated? I.e., which file(s) call some sort of logging function?

For example, I want to write my own message to another log file whenever a message is written to jicofo.log or jvb.log. If the logging function is defined by Jitsi, I can simply augment its behavior; otherwise I need to call my own logging function wherever the standard one is called.

That is from jicofo and jvb, you can find there the loggers in the source code…

there is a logging.properties files in /etc/jitsi folders where you can add another appender/logger and write to another file.

Sorry, I’m a little confused. I see that /etc/jitsi/ contains directories jicofo/ and videobridge/, each of which contains a logging.properties file. These files set variables, e.g.:

org.jitsi.utils.logging2.JitsiLogFormatter.programname=JVB

First off, where are these property files parsed?

Second, an example message from jvb.log contains the text “Performed a successful health check”. Are you saying that the parser understands JVB to mean “load the separate code that implements JVB”, which explains why I can’t find “Performed a successful health check” anywhere in ~/jitsi-meet/ or ~/lib-jitsi-meet/? How can I edit that separate code?

Thanks.

Inside the innards of Java ore libraries I think

because Jitsi-meet is a composite of 2 Java programs (Jicofo and Videobridge), 1 Lua server (Prosody), and a bunch of Javascript code (jitsi-meet and lib-jitsi-meet), Javascript code that is running on the clients computers and as such is logging nothing at all on the server.
You are looking at the wrong place. Jicofo is here, VIdeobridge is there.