Unable to rebuild jitsi-meet from git repo

Hi all !

I’m trying to recompile the whole jitsi suite for a new platform yet unsupported but I fail on jitsi-meet
I managed to create debian packages for jitsi, jicofo, and jitsi-videobridge2, all from latest version from git repo on github. It took some time and tweaks to get it for my target platform (arm64), but the packages are built.

But for jitsy-meet I tried the “npm install” + “make” method, and make fails (after quite a long time) during the first step (webpack -p) :

make: *** [Makefile:19: compile] Processus arrêté

and after getting back to the prompt I get this error :

events.js:174
throw er; // Unhandled ‘error’ event
^

Error: write EPIPE
at process.target._send (internal/child_process.js:762:20)
at process.target.send (internal/child_process.js:634:19)
at callback (/data/home/drizzt/jitsi/jitsi-meet/node_modules/worker-farm/lib/child/index.js:32:17)
at module.exports (/data/home/drizzt/jitsi/jitsi-meet/node_modules/terser-webpack-plugin/dist/worker.js:13:5)
at handle (/data/home/drizzt/jitsi/jitsi-meet/node_modules/worker-farm/lib/child/index.js:44:8)
at process. (/data/home/drizzt/jitsi/jitsi-meet/node_modules/worker-farm/lib/child/index.js:55:3)
at process.emit (events.js:198:13)
at emit (internal/child_process.js:832:12)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)
Emitted ‘error’ event at:
at process.nextTick (internal/child_process.js:766:39)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:61:11)

I’m not at ease with nodejs (not even ever wrote a sample nodejs program) and I do not find the “throw er; // Unhandled ‘error’ event” in any “events.js” on line 174, though I found 4 or 5 event.js files in the “node_modules” which got recovered during the npm install step.

“webpack -p” takes a lot of CPU time, but there’s no debug output so I have not much hints about what’s going on …

I’m using openjdk-8-jdk to compile, as I tried with openjdk-14 first, but there were so many deprecation warnings that I moved back to v8 which is mentions in many places among the documentations.

If anyone has an hint, let me know :slight_smile:
Thanks !

Based on this

I need a tutorial or link to how I rebuild

Best regards,

Hi !
I finaly found the problem : OOM killer kept killing the node process during the build … looks like a very memory effective build system …
Anyway, I tried one another board with 2Gb of memory and compilation finished correctly.

Have fun !