TUTORIAL: Jibri Overview, Troubleshooting Tips & Tricks - Solve your Jibri Problems, Quickly!

Thanks for reply, the jibri version in 8.0-53-ga574be9-1 .

Yes I had a modification in the ffmpeg framerate, but I have reverted that also. But still it is not working.

Also I am getting below error in chrome-driver.log

“level”: “SEVERE”,
“message”: “chrome-extension://invalid/ - Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED”

Can you clear your log, restart Jibri, try recording and then post the complete Jibri log?

Hi, PFA the logsbrowser.0.txt (760.0 KB) ffmpeg.1.txt (4.7 KB) log.0.txt (40.6 KB)

I think this is actually suggesting that the display input (0.0+0,0) is invalid. Maybe something got messed up with Xorg?

You beat me to it, @bbaldino, I was just typing the same thing. I think you might have made a change in your xorg display settings @anindita.sadhukhan

Capture area 1280x720 at position 0.0 outside the screen size 640x480

Hi Please refer the attached file, this is the xorg config file of that server. I have changed the extension to txt for uploading purpose. In server it is xorg-video-dummy.conf
Thanks,xorg-video-dummy.txt (6.2 KB)

Hi, did you get any chance to look into this attached config file?

Hi, I am having trouble configuring jibri… Can you help me configuring it? I am will to pay for it. Thanks

jitsi-jibri-installer

1 Like

● jibri.service - Jibri Process
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/jibri.service; enabled; vendor preset:>
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2021-03-02 08:17:45 UTC; 9min>
Process: 3080 ExecStart=/opt/jitsi/jibri/launch.sh (code=exited, status=1/F>
Main PID: 3080 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Please Help me for this issue

Not enough information. But still I would go ahead and guess. java version may be an issue. It needs to be java8.

And I believe you have already gone through the post.

I am new to this service Could You please provide me docs or videos about jitsi and jibri installation in aws
Thanks in advance

jitsi: Self-Hosting Guide - Debian/Ubuntu server · Jitsi Meet Handbook
jibri: GitHub - jitsi/jibri: Jitsi BRoadcasting Infrastructure

Following these you should be able to install both. There are videos on youtube too.

Or you may use this GitHub - pregalla/jitsi: Installer for Jitsi, Jigasi, and Jibri or some other script.

Dear emrah,
followed your script, installation was smoothly, jibri recording is working, thank you VERY much!
I was just confused about the requirement of your script for a turn server domain name (this is not mentioned in other installation schemas like this one: Set Up Jibri for Jitsi Recording/Streaming – Nerd on the Street

as your script is not allowing to set same name as meet server I just added fictional name (kind of name extension of my real meet server) and installation also worked, including the recording with jibri.
I am using server at vultr.com and follow installation steps from forum/internet (I am not too advanced).
Is there any shortcoming of adding any domain name for turn server?
kind regards, MS

I’m not sure if I understand your question correctly. Do you want to change the host address (FQDN) used for TURN?

I apologise in advance, but most probably/for sure I don´t understand the purpose of a TURN server in general (just read in internet that it is required if server is behind firewall or NAT).

If I have my domain for my Jitsi Meet server “meet.jitsiserver.com” (and also the letsencrypt script makes the certificate for it) - which domain name I should set for the turn server?
(I am using vultr.com for my virtual Jitsi Meet servers (so far always working great but now would like to add Jibri functionality). Using Vultr I provide the host address (FQDN) in beginning before installation the own droplet (e.g. Debian 10) - how I handle the “turn server” if I use your script?
(so far adding a turn server was not required - or it is done automatically in the background?)

Not the server, the client… If the client is behind a restricted firewall and if it cannot connect to the server using UDP/10000 or to the other peer then TURN solves this issue

TURN and Jitsi run behind Nginx and Nginx can only route the requests correctly if they use different domain names. Any domain name which points to your server can be used for TURN but it must be different than the one which Jitsi uses

1 Like

thank you VERY much for your time and your clear answer:
“accidentally” I have done the same (giving different domain name for TURN than for Jitsi), therefore jibri is working fine so far (still have to test it with colleagues)

WARNING: [27] org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient.log() [MucClient id=meet.mashvirtual.info hostname=meet.mashvirtual.info] error connecting
org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException: The following addresses failed: ‘meet.mashvirtual.info:5222’ failed because: meet.mashvirtual.info/182.72.176.216 exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out
at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException.from(SmackException.java:278)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPTCPConnection.java:619)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectInternal(XMPPTCPConnection.java:902)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.connect(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:383)
at org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient.lambda$getConnectAndLoginCallable$7(MucClient.java:668)
at org.jitsi.retry.RetryStrategy$TaskRunner.run(RetryStrategy.java:193)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)