TUTORIAL - How to Install the NEW JIBRI

What really confuses me is that it seems to start ok but after a few seconds when I check its status shows as failed. And I don’t see anything in the jibri logs. What other logs should I explore?

root@jirecon:~# systemctl restart jibri
root@jirecon:~# systemctl status jibri
● jibri.service - Jibri Process
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/jibri.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Tue 2021-02-16 18:48:15 CET; 84ms ago
Main PID: 1209 (java)
Tasks: 12 (limit: 9255)
Memory: 8.2M
CGroup: /system.slice/jibri.service
└─1209 /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-amd64/bin/java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/etc/jitsi/jibri/logging.properties -Dconfig.file=/etc/jitsi/jibri/jibri.conf -jar /opt/jitsi/jibri/jibri.jar --config /etc/jitsi/jibri>

Feb 16 18:48:15 jirecon systemd[1]: Started Jibri Process.
root@jirecon:~# systemctl status jibri
● jibri.service - Jibri Process
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/jibri.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2021-02-16 18:48:15 CET; 7s ago
Process: 1209 ExecStart=/opt/jitsi/jibri/launch.sh (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 1209 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Feb 16 18:48:15 jirecon systemd[1]: jibri.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Feb 16 18:48:15 jirecon systemd[1]: Stopped Jibri Process.
Feb 16 18:48:15 jirecon systemd[1]: jibri.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Feb 16 18:48:15 jirecon systemd[1]: jibri.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Feb 16 18:48:15 jirecon systemd[1]: Failed to start Jibri Process.

Selenium is installed when you install Chromedriver.

If you’re on the right kernel and follow the guide above carefully, you should have a fully working Jibri. It would seem like something is missing in this case.

I finally found the problem by digging through syslog!

It was simply a missing bracket at the end of jibri.conf

So silly. Thanks for all your help guys

A little off topic but I now get the dreaded “chrome is being controlled by automated test software” message in my recordings.

I have set in /etc/opt/chrome/policies/managed/managed_policies.json
{
“CommandLineFlagSecurityWarningsEnabled”: false
}

but it seems something must have changed in newer chrome versions since it still displays that annoying message. I think this flag used to suppress that message in the past but it seems it is no longer the case.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any workarounds?

It still works. Check the quotes to make sure they’re not curly quotes - usual culprit.

1 Like

Indeed. Damn curly quotes.
Working fine now. Thanks

I do noticed that the resolution is pretty poor quality now though.
Not sure why that is but I see others, including yourself, having the same problem and no solution seems to be provided.

Did you ever find a solution for the poor quality?

Thanks again for all your help. Much appreciated!

This tutorial is with curly quotes…better if it is changed as all will just copy paste…

Is it really?
Oh, you’re right - just checked. Unfortunately, can’t edit the post anymore - it’s past the editable period. Should’ve set it as a wiki.

Now that people know that, that’s the problem, it’s all good I guess.

As many users may refer this, may be some moderator can edit it…a thought…

One thing I observe is that if that file /etc/opt/chrome/policies/managed/managed_policies.json has duplicate entries, the banner will still be shown.

It could happen if one is using any scripts and inserting without checking if it is already present in that file.

Yes, if there are multiple entries, it cancels out the function.

How can I restrict the broadcast of a video conference? It is necessary that only the administrator of the conference can start it, or that it is enabled only after entering the administrator password.

Only moderators have the option to start recording.

yes. I know. But striming can start every user. I can disable striming on youtube, but I don’t know, how deny every users but not administrator.