Turnserver Remove

Hi ,

my jitsi runs on a server with public ip, no nat. So I could remove it. How can I do that?

How can I change jitsi port and make it reachable on port e.g. 1234 and not (!) 443.

Thanks in advance

Lorenz

be aware that turnserver is not only used to install a server behind nat, but also to serve clients behind a firewall blocking port 10000

if you have used the debian default jitsi method, use ```
sudo apt purge jitsi-meet-turnserver

once you have removed turnserver integration it’s back to standard nginx configuration, see nginx tutorials

You wrote: “be aware that turnserver is not only used to install a server behind nat, but also to serve clients behind a firewall blocking port 10000”

Thanks for the advice:

I will keep the turnserver, but we need to make the installation listen on another port than 443. It’s easy to change 443 to another number, e.g. 1234 but when I do that, the server answers on 1234, but not conference can be created. Just an empty page in the browser, no video streaming, no audio.
I changed all 443 to 1234 whereever found it in the jitsi directories, rebootet the server, but still no conference.

What can I do?

Well what I said is that if you remove turnserver it’s back to standard nginx configuration.
Conversely, if you keep it it’s somewhat more involved :slight_smile:
At the moment I have removed turnserver. I think (but it’s only a thought, no experience) that you should take a look at /etc/nginx/modules-enabled/60-jitsi-meet.conf, it’s probably the one you should change.