Turn server Config in jitsi meet

Hello,
Currently I want to use a TURN server ( a paid TURN server at the company “XirSys”), so I have the ID and PASSWORD to use this TURN server.

My question is how to configure “Jitsi meet” to use this TURN server, knowing I installed “jitsi meet” on my own server.

Thank you very much for your help

You need to push mod_turncredentials and enable it in prosody. Now I am also waiting for the response how to make it enable in prosody.

thank’s for your response :slight_smile

currently I don’t know how to push “mod_turncredentials” in prosody. ???

@damencho

Can you use the search in the forum, I had explained that before with some examples, do not have currently time … can come back next week with details …

Ok @damencho … I can see that you guyz are busy…no issues. Thanks a lot. Last thing I wanted to ask that I have read in documentation we have option for token lifetime to configure in prosody…how can we LIMIT time of conference room? e.g. I want conference is destroyed after X mins.

ok I’ll look for it on the forum (although I’ve already looked for it).

thank’s

You can push mod_turncredentials in your /usr/shar/jitsi-meet/prosody_plugins…In which you have to enter secret key and the turn credentials there. in config.js
p2p.useStunTurn: true

p2p: {

enabled: true,
useStunTurn: true,

stunServers: [
{ urls: ‘turn:server.example.com’, credential: ‘username’, password: ’somepassword’ },
{ urls: “stun:stun.l.google.com:19302” },
{ urls: “stun:stun1.l.google.com:19302” },
{ urls: “stun:stun2.l.google.com:19302” }
],

There is no such feature at the moment for prosody. There is an old reservation system implementation in jicofo which have a similar thing, check https://github.com/jitsi/jicofo/blob/master/doc/reservation.md

This is not correct.There is a xep so you don’t expose your credentials

then I have no idea how to config mod_turncredentials and prosody in this case :slight_smile:

In the file there is an example for the prosody config. And the file just needs to go in a folder where prosody will load it, either configured plugins folder or directly next to prosody files. and you need to load it in the global modules section of prosody

but with this solution i expose my credentials

In that case…you download mod_turncredentials.lua and push into /usr/lib/prosody/modules folder and then go into /etc/prosody/prosody.cfg.lua edit and add under modules_enabled { “other modules”;
turncredentials”;}

Configure the mod_turncredentials.lua and restart prosody server

OK, I’ll try to do that and keep you informed.

Thank you.

The only issue is that how will you put the credentials into format because we are just having 3 values - username, pswd, host.

What will be the format/syntax?

it is asking for SECRET and USERNAME is nowhere mentioned…

exactly I don’t see USERNAME anywhere and also I don’t see the URL of the API to call

The URL will be in host I believe…

This is what I am looking for …how these credentials then fit into the format if it is not a good practice to expose credentials in config.js

as I am able to see Jun 11 21:52:14 portmanager info Activated service ‘c2s’ on [::]:5222, []:5222
Jun 11 21:52:14 portmanager info Activated service ‘legacy_ssl’ on no ports
Jun 11 21:52:14 portmanager info Activated service ‘s2s’ on [::]:5269, [
]:5269
Jun 11 21:52:14 mod_posix info Prosody is about to detach from the console, disabling further console output
Jun 11 21:52:14 mod_posix info Successfully daemonized to PID 5437
Jun 11 21:52:14 portmanager info Activated service ‘http’ on [::]:5280, []:5280
Jun 11 21:52:14 portmanager info Activated service ‘https’ on [::]:5281, [
]:5281
Jun 11 21:52:14 recorder.mydomain.com:turncredentials error turncredentials not configured
Jun 11 21:52:14 auth.mydomain.com:turncredentials error turncredentials not configured
Jun 11 21:52:14 portmanager info Activated service ‘component’ on [127.0.0.1]:5347, [::1]:5347
Jun 11 21:52:14 localhost:turncredentials error turncredentials not configured

turncredentials are now enabled…we just need to configure the mod_turncredentials. I will look into this and let you know soon @ckwsoft

This is XEP-0215 and there is no username just a shared secret between xmpp server and turn server.