Trying to Self host - Key error

I am using this tutorial to host Jitsi on a server. But I am getting an error after I download the key and try to do a gpg --search-keys command.

I am also fairly new to Ubuntu and any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

the video tutorial is 3 years old. In other words, it’s very outdated.

Try to follow the handbook instead and use the quick install,it’s about up-to-date.

The only restriction I have is that it says to use Prosody from distro with Ubuntu 20.04, it will work but only up to a point after which upgrading it through the Prosody PPA is recommended.

2 Likes

Hello, sorry for resurrecting an old post and maybe you already have installed Jitsi, but just for the record:

You don’t have errors in your commands, it’s just that the default GPG keyserver that you have on your system is not working ok. Otherwise the GPG checks work ok, I just checked on my end.

Alternatively to using gpg command-line, you can use the web interface of some keyserver and look and compare the key in the web browser. For example https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=dev%40jitsi.org&op=index&exact=on

And yes, the videos are rather old and some of the smaller details are outdated, but most of the major sthings still stand. New updated videos are in the making :slight_smile: but the progress is slow and they are not yet ready.