"trimmed" jitsi meet from source installation on Ubuntu 20.04

Good day, there is a task to setup jitsi meet on my own server (Ubuntu 20.04) and delete all the functionality as much as possible (only audio and cameras should work, so no youtube, no screen sharing…). maybe somewhere there are ready “trimmed” or “patched” versions of the Git source code or someone has done something similar?

Just install it and edit config.js which buttons to show.

Yeah, but there will be a lot of code which wont be used (if i think right), so the size of server-side software will be huge. The task is to setup server with minimal code and ssd space required. So i just wanna delete some files or functions from source code if its possible. Thats why i cant just hide some buttons ;(
Anyway, thanks for your answer!

There is no such version by default. So you will need to spend time trimming and rebuilding the code on every new release, which is every month. So to spare a few megabytes is not worth the effort.
Most of the code goes in /usr/share/jitsi-meet/libs/app.bundle.min.js which currently is 3.9 MB. So if you manage to clean up code you will hardly get to half of it.
A quick win is deleting all .map files which are for debugging purposes to map the bundled code to source code, which will free 30MB.

The folders of the software are not huge in my understanding, altogether 100MB.

# du -h -s  /usr/share/jitsi-meet/
51M	/usr/share/jitsi-meet/
# du -h -s  /usr/share/jicofo
23M	/usr/share/jicofo
# du -h -s  /usr/share/jitsi-videobridge/
43M	/usr/share/jitsi-videobridge/

I don’t think you can trim anything from nginx, prosody, jicofo or jvb.

Yeah, i just hope that someone had a task like this before. So i think that someone built a “trimmed” version of jitsi meet, but if not, i will check every module to understand: can i delete it and jitsi will work stable or not. Your info about .map and sizes of sftware folders is very useful, thank you very much :slight_smile: