Transcription

Whats going down team?

Just trying to get transcription going. I have read all the posts that I can find on this forum/the interwebs, but can’t seem to find a solution for this.

My problem is that I just can’t get transcription to work. The only and when I say only I mean only thing in the logs that looks unusual is that Jicofo tries to invite the transcriber. Now I feel like I probably might have made a post about this a few months ago, but I honestly don’t remember. I looked and couldn’t find anything.

NOW, with that said I know you guys are kicking ass, I just need some direction here.

Like I said earlier the jigasi logs look normal. The jicofo logs send the following:
Jicofo 2019-05-24 00:14:49.009 INFO: [178] org.jitsi.jicofo.jigasi.TranscriberManager.log() Attempting to invite transcriber

If I remember correctly I know there is a command you can throw in the JS console to get this going, BUT lets be honest here we all know I want this to work by just clicking the CC button.

Nothing in the JS console looks unusual the only thing that I can think of is that the GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS path is somewhere that jigasi can’t find. As of now I have set to the jigasi config file as the following:

GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS = {
  "client_id": "enter client_id here",
  "client_secret": "enter client_secret here",
  "refresh_token": "enter token here",
  "type": "authorized_user"
}

I just threw that at the bottom of the config file. I am not sure if this is the correct way to do it, but I saw another post where this was done.

Everything that I am running is based off the latest version of quick install after your team fixed the credentials issue a day or two ago.

As far as installation for transcription goes I followed the docs to a T.
I know there is gotta be something that I am doing wrong here, but I just can’t pinpoint it as the logs look normal.

Let me know if you need more info I am more than wiling to give you what you all need.

Thanks in advance and keeping doing your thing guys! We love the service you all provide!

There is a json file you can download for connecting to Google Cloud speech-to-text API, you need to store that file somewhere. All you need for jigasi is to add the following line:
GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS=/etc/google-cloud/gck.json
in the jigasi config file: /etc/jitsi/jigasi/config