Tracing user in Jitsi

Am attempting to connect Voximplant to Jitsi. Jitsi does not pick up the call. Tech support at Voximplant states the call is being made into Jitsi, but Jitsi does not respond. Here is their email:

Hello,

In the provided log we see that call was transferred by callUser to jitsi side(to user “Jigasi-dial-in-user”), received as a response “ringing”, call was ended by the caller side after 9 seconds. You need to check what is happening with the call to user “Jigasi-dial-in-user” from the jitsi side.

How do I find out what is happening to the user from the Jitsi side?

Can anyone help with this please?

Adding logs normally helps diagnose the problem.

@damencho that sounds very reasonable. I am very much out of my league so I will try /var/log/jitsi/jigasi.log with the service running I get a refusal to connect with

2020-10-07 05:05:29.105 SEVERE: [58] org.jivesoftware.whack.ExternalComponentManager.error() Error trying to reconnect with the server
org.xmpp.component.ComponentException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

maybe trying to restart server would trace better??

I am sorry but I do not know how to add logfiles to jitsi or jigasi. I can only use what is available for now.

@bbrout, he means to post your log files here so it’s easier to help you debug the issue.

I apologize @damencho . OK, The entire log file from /var/log/jitsi/jigasi.log is huge but it is probably the best one.

The log file is too big to upload. Here is the Drive link to view it:

I am trying to upload more log files from /etc/prosody but the virtual machine is a little slow with installing and using a browser. Thanks for pointing this out.

I have added logs in my drive at:

Thank you for your patience.