Total newbie: Jitsi Meet for iOS & macOS? Screenshots? Full screen?

Hi! I’m using Jitsi meet for iOS to remotely visit my husband in prison and I have a few basic questions about using the app. I’m reluctant to explore the app on my own due to prison guidelines for video visits via Jitsi.

1. Can I use Jitsi Meet on my MacBook Pro? If so, how? Is there anything I need to download? The prison sends a link to each meeting via text message.

2. Is there a way to maximize the view? When I’ve used the app for iOS, I’ve only been able to see a small thumbnail video of my husband.

3. Is there a way to improve the functionality for iOS or macOS? Each time I’ve used the app, there are so many lags and distortions that we can’t have a conversation, and the image is so pixelated I can’t see him very well (he can see me perfectly). My connection is always really good so I don’t get why it keeps happening.

Thanks! I really appreciate any and all help. It’s really difficult to only see your husband once a month, through a pixelated screen.

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, you can use it on your Mac. Just type the invitation link in a browser (preferably Chrome) and you’re good to go.

The view is larger on a computer screen.

This probably has to do with the network on their side. If their connection is not very good, video quality will suffer.

Thanks so much @Freddie! I really, really appreciate your help!