The loopback device names on the asoundrc config of Jibri

I want to ask something about the new stable Jibri, @bbaldino

Both Loopback and Loopback_1 names are used on .asoundrc. But there is no device such as Loopback_1 on the default install. Even so everything seems to be working fine.

I checked the documents about the naming rules of the alsa devices but they always use the existing device names which can be found on /proc/asound/ or aplay -l

So, I added more loopback devices by changing the snd_aloop parameters and edited the .asoundrc file. For example I set Loopback_4 (a real device) instead of Loopback and Loopback_4_1 (which is not exist as a real device) instead of Loopback_1. And seems OK.

I want to ask is this a correct way?
Do you have a link which explains this issue?

thanks

Unfortunately I’m afraid I can’t help much on the alsa config. @Aaron_K_van_Meerten or @saghul may be more helpful.

1 Like

You don’t need 2 loopback devices on Jibri unless you are using it as a SIP video gateway, but that’s alpha at best.

Hello @bbaldino @saghul,
Thanks for the answers

Does this mean that the Loopback_1 can be changed to Loopback on the file asoundrc?

For example

slave.pcm "hw:Loopback_1,1,0"

to

slave.pcm "hw:Loopback,1,0"

That means that you shouldn’t need to change anything and it should work because that device shouldn’t be used. Are you running into problems?

I run multiple instances of Jibri using LXC containers on a single server. Therefore I have multiple loopback devices named as Loopback_1, Loopback_2 and so on… These devices are created on the host machine and shared with containers.

I’m worried the name conflict and therefore I want to understand how I can modify the names.

I have the same issue… docs are outdated since .asoundrc changed. Check…

Im using docker containers
1 Like

Yes… I compiled the docker images from the unstable build and its giving this error

020-04-18 12:06:29.629 INFO: [54] ffmpeg.call() ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM bsnoop
2020-04-18 12:06:29.629 INFO: [54] ffmpeg.call() [alsa @ 0x56223f736e80] cannot open audio device plug:bsnoop (No such file or directory)

But the bsnoop pcm section is in the .asoundrc file.