Support for Internet Explorer

Hi,

I’ve seen the commit about axing IE and Temasys support. Is support for IE removed for good or is there a way to add support for it other than suggesting the use of Jitsi Desktop? Is there a way to continue using Jitsi Meet using IE and the Temasys plugin?

Is support for IE removed for good

Never say never and all that I guess but…

(1) At the time of this writing we find the combination of IE + Temasys to be too demanding in maintenance and very unsatisfactory in user experience so we choose to not support it.

(2) We’re working to support Edge which (gradually over time as its and our developments progress) natively supports the technologies we utilize.

is there a way to add support for it other than suggesting the use of Jitsi Desktop

In addition to our (young) Jitsi Meet Electron-based desktop app, Google Chrome is a safe bet, Mozilla Firefox is the second browser in user count that we’re seeing in our statistics, Opera should run us well.

Is there a way to continue using Jitsi Meet using IE and the Temasys plugin?

At the time of this writing I’d think deploying an older version of Jitsi Meet on your own from before we removed the Temasys support is the only way to get the Temasys support back.