Suddenly facing issue of Component not connected, bouncing error

We have used Kubernetes and docker for setup. It works fine, But from the last 3 days, I am facing a meeting disconnected error. When I checked prosody logs I found

> focus.meet.example.com:component warn Component not connected, bouncing error for: <iq from='61dbded5-230d-465e-a7f9-3a5877d1de7a@guest.meet.example.com/0jmKY_jM' type='set' to='focus.meet.example.com' id='274d5acf-7c26-4555-9bc0-dea57a0b7a7e:sendIQ'>

When I try to restart jicofo

I got this in prosody

c2s55d119515870 info Authenticated as focus@auth.meet.example.com mod_bosh
info New BOSH session, assigned it sid ‘67fdd36f-1cba-4034-bcee-7c3de8894267’
bosh67fdd36f-1cba-4034-bcee-7c3de8894267
info Authenticated as 61dbded5-230d-465e-a7f9-3a5877d1de7a@guest.meet.example.com

seems prosody is connected to jicofo but still call disconnected.

Apart from this, there is nothing on jicofo and jvb log.

I have already checked Warn Component not connected, bouncing error.

@damencho @saghul
Please help me out.

We are no longer using components for few years now.

Is your prosody config for focus like this:

1 Like

There is a secret in the prosody config file for focus component its look like

Component “focus.meet.example.com”
component_secret = “3sbtq4w1si5mds”

As advised, connection is no longer being made through components. You might want to update your deployment accordingly.

Okay, thank you I will update the configuration. And check how it reacts.

How did you update your deployment, this change is handled by the update?
It is not just the config, you need and this to be executed

1 Like

I have not touched jicofo and prosody. I will update accordingly. Thank you for the reply.

@damencho I have updated the deployment. Now facing

Jicofo 2022-03-16 12:28:39.328 WARNING: [53] FocusManager.conferenceRequest#249: Exception while trying to start the conference
org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPException$XMPPErrorException: XMPP error reply received from conference.meet.example.com: XMPPError: not-allowed - cancel [Communication with remote domains is not enabled]
at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPException$XMPPErrorException.ifHasErrorThenThrow(XMPPException.java:171)
I have go through this Jibri-Jitsi Connectivity issue on Kubernetes setup - #2 by Anshul_Sehgal

but I am unable to find conference.meet.example.com in any configuration. I am not sure what I am missing.

Please help me out on this.

Show your jicofo configs.

jicofo.txt (1.5 KB)

Thank You I have uploaded the configuration please have a look.

@damencho thank you for the support I have misconfigured the prosody config file. I have fixed it now its working.

1 Like