Stuck on LD video with EC2 instance

Hi all,

I am using an EC2 t2.medium instance to run jitsi-meet. When I have >2 people in the meeting, I can’t get the video quality above “LD”. I am running it on a few computers at home. When I use meet.jit.si, I can get HD no problem.

I tried upgrading the instance to 2xlarge for a test (8x cpu, 32GB RAM) but no difference.

I have turned on the lobby and secure domain, but other than that I haven’t altered the default config.

dpkg -l jitsi*

ii  jitsi-meet          2.0.4961-1     all            WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-prosody  1.0.4368-1     all            Prosody configuration for Jitsi Meet
un  jitsi-meet-tokens   <none>         <none>         (no description available)
ii  jitsi-meet-turnserv 1.0.4368-1     all            Configures coturn to be used with Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-meet-web      1.0.4368-1     all            WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-web-conf 1.0.4368-1     all            Configuration for web serving of Jitsi Meet
un  jitsi-videobridge   <none>         <none>         (no description available)
ii  jitsi-videobridge2  2.1-303-g63fe4 all            WebRTC compatible Selective Forwarding Unit

Any ideas I can try?

thanks!

Any logs from the client and from bridge may help identifying where the problem is.

Oops! Should have thought to look at that!

I saw this same stuff in the jvb log: https://community.jitsi.org/t/jvb-spams-log-with-stack-trace/76864/22

The solution worked - I just renamed /usr/share/jitsi-videobridge/lib/jackson-databind-2.10.1.jar and restarted.

Thank you very much!