Streaming and server setup

I’m doing some research now on what setting up a server looks like. We’re building a community tool that will probably have 20-30 video chats happening with around 10 people in each. Using the public API has been fine, but I think we’d feel better about everything if we could run a server of our own in case load is high. Trying to get a sense of cost on that running on AWS or similar (both setup paid work and AWS costs).

The immediate issue is we also want to stream a few of these to youtube for a live broadcast. Assume like 5 max at the same time. Looking for thoughts on that.

Timing would be in the next couple weeks. I’d definitely be looking for somebody who can set that up and provide some maintenance. Possibly assist in tweaking the client, which is using the JS API. We’re sort of testing the waters on a product, but it’s definitely still “side project” phase. Some budget, but all things are relative.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi,

We provide commercial support and services for Jitsi. We can customize and scale jitsi according to your needs. For more information please send us an email at hello@meetrix.io and we will get back to you.

Hi Kevin,
Having worked on some complex Jitsi customisations in the past and I am happy to help you out on this.
Feel free to hit me up on andrew.johnson56782@gmail.com
Cheers and Have a great day,
Andrew

Hi,

Assuming 30 video conferences would be happening concurrently with 10 people in each, you would need at least 3 jitsi video bridges to handle this load. We can set this up on aws with c5.xlarge servers for the JVBs.
If you want to stream 5 conferences at the same time, you need 5 jibri servers. We can help you with as well.
If you need to autoscale either of these and to have solid architecture to support future traffic, we can set it up for you and we do provide maintenance plans.
We can talk in detail. Please drop us an email at support@telzee.io

Regards,
Team Telzee