Stream to any OR Multiple RTMP Destinations + Record Simultaneously

And it let me to stream at one time few meetings ?

Jibri handles one stream at a time. You need an available Jibri for each stream (or recording) you want to do.

So how it is possible to run multiple streams on https://meet.jit.si ? I`ve tested on 7 rtmp streams at one time. How can I make it possible on my jitsi/jibri config ?

Seems that is not working anymore. The Jitsi never call the ffmpeg. Actually ffmpeg is not a dependency in ubuntu 20.04 of jitsi-meet. I tried to create all this environment with jibri, but I think something changed. Checking the jitsi code, I can not see ffmpeg being called in any part.

my jitsi ubuntu package version:

ii  jicofo                                     1.0-740-1                          all          JItsi Meet COnference FOcus
ii  jitsi-meet                                 2.0.5765-1                         all          WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-prosody                         1.0.4900-1                         all          Prosody configuration for Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-meet-turnserver                      1.0.4900-1                         all          Configures coturn to be used with Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-meet-web                             1.0.4900-1                         all          WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-web-config                      1.0.4900-1                         all          Configuration for web serving of Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-videobridge2                         2.1-478-gc6da57bd-1                all          WebRTC compatible Selective Forwarding Unit (SFU)

it’s in jibri, not jitsi

Thanks for this amazing post. You solved a major problem for us.
I’m trying to understand how this works. I’m having trouble with 2 things:

1. In the path that we specified under ENVIRONMENT in systemctl edit --full jibri we did not remove /usr/bin so hows does our script know to use our custom ffmpeg under /opt/util and not the one in /usr/bin
  2. I’m not seeing the echo statements from @lodopidolo 's script. Is /var/log/jitsi/jibri/ffmpeg.0.txt the right place to look for them? Is there any other way to see what are the arguments to the ffmpeg script.
  3. Who calls the custom ffmpeg script and with what parameters:
    i. If jibri is calling the modified ffmpeg script it would not know the different rtmp end points we are trying to send to as it can only send the dummy key we put in the UI before starting live stream. What is the while loop doing then?
    ii. Why do we need exec /usr/bin/ffmpeg in nginx? I’m trying to stream to wowza. Can I not directly add my RTMP endpoint here?

These might be dumb questions but would really help me understand the script better to modify it as per our needs.

Hello @masteryoda @emrah
I just read your guide and I think this is exactly what I need.

But, I have a special use case.
I want to stream on my own website instead of YT and FB.
Is this possible?

If you stream only to your own stream server then the default jibri will work for you. No need any customization…

Hello @emrah thanks for replying.

But will it work if I have multiple livestreams running at the same time?
And, is one dedicated jibri server enough for multiple livestreams?

Do you mean to stream one Jitsi session to multiple destinations or multiple Jitsi sessions to multiple destinations?

It’s needed one Jibri instance for each Jitsi session

Yes

This is exactly what i need.

Then you need multiple jibri instances. One server can host multiple jibri instances but it’s needed to reserve 4 cores and 4 GB RAM for each instance.