Strange Artifacts after Screen Share ending

Hi,

i got some strange errors after ending of screen/Desktop - sharing and returning to the Video Chat Windows.

The black triangle in the bottom is meant and not the thing of the face :slight_smile:

Plattform: Win10 Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763, Brave Version 1.7.92 Chromium: 80.0.3987.163 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Happens also on Chrome from time to time, not only in Brave.

Anyone encountered this issue?

1 Like

Same for me with Brave

Same problem for me (using Chrome).
I heard it could be a problem between Chrome and the graphics card of my PC.
@damencho : any idea?
Thanks a lot!

I’ve setup my own Jitsi server and some of my users are experiencing this issue as well. It doesn’t happen every time though.

It happens when screen sharing is stopped and the triangle appears on all video feeds of the user that was sharing their screen and no one else. However, it doesn’t happen to everyone who shares their screen, or for the same person every time they share their screen.

The only way I have found to make this go away is to have the person exit the video chat and re-enter.

Was presenter mode on, during the screen sharing?
@jallamsetty do you have an idea?

Bug on issue tracker is created: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/issues/6702

Presenter mode doesn’t seem to make a difference. I have a user that can pretty consistently replicate the issue with presenter mode on or off.

Are the users who happen to reproduce this often able to reproduce this on meet.jit.si as well or is it happening only on your hosted instance ? This appears to be a chrome renderer issue which is most likely specific to a specific graphics card. We can try to dig up if there is a known chrome bug if we can get system information from users who are reproducing this often.

We’re considering switching from Zoom to Jitsi for a virtual scientific event (100+ participants) where people can start their own video calls for discussing posters. During a Jitsi test in our organizing committee with 18 people, 2 of us were getting the reported issue with a Windows 10 + Chrome. We were using the meet.jit.si server.

I saw the issue was closed because it has been attributed to the graphics card, drivers or browser. Still I wonder whether it would be worth looking for possible workarounds on Jitsi itself. For instance, we have never heard of similar screen sharing issues on Zoom.

If you need further details we’ll be more than happy to explain the setups.