Stoping one of videobridge(out of 2 videobridge) stops the ongoing videocall

I have created 2 ec2 (1) one has jitsi-meet and videobridge another ec2 (2) which has only videobridge.

Following configuration in both ec2 /etc/jitsi/videobridge/sip-communicator.properties
EC2 (1) VideoBridge Config:
org.ice4j.ice.harvest.DISABLE_AWS_HARVESTER=true
org.ice4j.ice.harvest.STUN_MAPPING_HARVESTER_ADDRESSES=meet-jit-si-turnrelay.jitsi.net:443
org.jitsi.videobridge.ENABLE_STATISTICS=true
org.jitsi.videobridge.STATISTICS_TRANSPORT=muc
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.HOSTNAME=meeting.domain.live
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.DOMAIN=auth.meeting.domain.live
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.USERNAME=jvb
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.PASSWORD=z2do7G3T
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.MUC_JIDS=JvbBrewery@internal.auth.meeting.domain.live
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.MUC_NICKNAME=2873a4ac-b2da-41ec-9d08-344207f1391a
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.DISABLE_CERTIFICATE_VERIFICATION=true

EC2 (2) VideoBridge Config:
org.ice4j.ice.harvest.DISABLE_AWS_HARVESTER=true
org.ice4j.ice.harvest.STUN_MAPPING_HARVESTER_ADDRESSES=meet-jit-si-turnrelay.jitsi.net:443
org.jitsi.videobridge.ENABLE_STATISTICS=true
org.jitsi.videobridge.STATISTICS_TRANSPORT=muc
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.HOSTNAME=meeting.domain.live
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.DOMAIN=auth.meeting.domain.live
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.USERNAME=jvb
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.PASSWORD=z2do7G3T
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.MUC_JIDS=JvbBrewery@internal.auth.meeting.domain.live
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.MUC_NICKNAME=2e233813-fd9c-4c6d-9577-96601d7f9071
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.DISABLE_CERTIFICATE_VERIFICATION=true

Above configuration works fine, but when i stop one videobridge it stops ongoing video call.
As per my understanding if one videobridge stops, meet server should automatically switch to second videobridge without stoping the current on going call.

1 Like

@rohan_padwalkar Hi Rohan,
Were you able to fix this issue ? We are facing the same issue on our custom deployment. Thanks in Advance!

There is a bug which was fixed in latest unstable builds (jicofo), you may try those.

@damencho Thanks! We will try it out and let you know.

@damencho I tried upgrading to new unstable versions - 1.0-737-1 and 1.0-734-1. I was not able to connect to a call with these versions. I am using version 1.0-690-1 as the current one. Which unstable version has to be used for fixing the issue?

I tried downgrading to version 1.0-644-1 and tested the same. When one of the videobridge stopped, there was a pause for 5 seconds and then the call was back to normal when we used chrome. But the call got disconnected when Safari is used.