"start recording" failed

Hi,
Today install fresh Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and intall jitsi meet, jibri and config them. now, start recording and start live stream added to the toolbar
When press “start recording” and confirm, try preparing to start recording but get stop notification and nothing happen in “/tmp/recordings”
So, anybody can help me to troubleshooting ?

Does the jibri user have write permission in the recordings folder?

yes

sudo chown jibri:jitsi /tmp/recordings/

Can you attach the Jibri logs

Hi Brian,

thank you for your attention

yesterday I can solve the jibri problem (reconfig hostname)

now I have some questions:

1. when start recording I have some delay (15 ~ 20 seconds) for preparing status. how to reduce this?
  2. when recording status started p2p connection that was HD reduce the quality and switch to LD. why this happen?
  3. after about 3 minuets recording when stop recording and check /tmp/recordings just 5 seconds recorded with damaged sounds and not detectable for human.
  4. what does this parameter “finalize_recording_script_path”: “/path/to/finalize_recording.sh” do in jibri config?

PS: both jibri and jitsi meet are in same server

Thank in advance.

There will be some delay, as it takes time for the message to get to Jibri and for Jibri to fully load the page/join the call. A faster machine (running Jibri) could help here.

Does a normal 3 participant+ call have HD? Or does that go to LD as well? When Jibri joins the call will go through the bridge which will change the network layout of the call entirely, so issues there could be causing your problem.

This definitely isn’t right and I haven’t seen this before, this could be related to your machine being overloaded (i.e. try running Jibri on a separate machine)

The file in this location will be run with the path of the recorded file as an argument, giving you a chance to do something with the file (e.g. upload it somewhere). There are a couple version of Jibri which will either: 1) delete the recorded file if this script exits with success or 2) move the file to a ‘failed’ directory if this script exits with error. Though we got rid of this behavior in the most recent version (it no longer touches the file and relies on the script to take care of things).

• @bbaldino:
    This definitely isn’t right and I haven’t seen this before, this could be related to your machine being overloaded i.e. try running Jibri on a separate machine)

the video that recorded is slow motion and sound misunderstand

Resource:
vmware work station
50 GB HDD
8GB RAM
1*1 CPU

• @bbaldino
    The file in this location will be run with the path of the recorded file as an argument, giving you a chance to do something with the file (e.g. upload it somewhere). There are a couple version of Jibri which will either: 1) delete the recorded file if this script exits with success or 2) move the file to a ‘failed’ directory if this script exits with error. Though we got rid of this behavior in the most recent version (it no longer touches the file and relies on the script to take care of things).

is there any default script file exist?

There is this but it doesn’t do anything interesting.