SSL issues AWS

Hi, manged to install to AWS but no matter what i do i can’t get SSL working. I have a domain i purchased via Route53. Could somone please give me a run down on how to configure SSL to work with Route53.

Also should mention when installed without SSL (not sure if this is the issue) there is no option to screen share in either firefox or chrome.

You cannot use webrtc at all over http.

Ahh so i am correct its an SSL issue in regards to screen sharing?

I suspect so …

How you installed the SSL certificate?
Are you using a single instance or ALB?

Route53, ALB, Haproxy, Shards with nginx, prosody and jicofo on one machine and multiple bridges per shard in auto-scale group.

@Reece_Ketley are you requested a certificate in ACM?, if you are using ALB you need to attach your SSL from ACM, additional create a listener on port 443 and forward to your Target Group

I was able to fix thios with ACM. Thanks guys.

1 Like

Hi there Reece,

I am experiencing extremely similar problems, can you go into a little bit of detail about how you solved this problem please? I’d really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,
Eric

Hi Reece,

im trying to install jitsi in AWS instance in Ubuntu 18.04 version by the command # apt-get -y install jitsi-meet , but im get error that :

An unexpected error occurred:
The server will not issue certificates for the identifier :: Error creating new order :: Cannot issue for “ec2-18-116-21-114.ap-south-1.compute.amazonaws.com”: The ACME server refuses to issue a certificate for this domain name, because it is forbidden by policy

please someone can help me how to configue with route 53

Hi Reeze,

Am also using ALB for video conferencing service and it comes with ACM. Couldn’t install the certificates and get the jitsi meeting setup. As you were able to do it, it would be great help if you can share the process you followed…

Have a great time ahead.

Thanks,
L. Ravi Kiran