Speech to Text doesn´t work anymore (Google version)

Hello there,

we are using two installations of Speech2Text with the Google-Api but for some reason it doesn´t work anymore.

The moderator gets the CC-Icon. Another user doesn´t. As well the switch to another language doesn´t work well. Sometimes it recognizes the other language and sometimes don´t. Does anyone know if there were some changes. We didn´t make any updates for a long time on jitsi.
@damencho Damian, do you have an explanation maybe?
Would be great.
Thanks in advance,
Alvaro

What version of Jitsi are you on?

Hello Freddie,
i‘m out of the office. Let me check tomorrow and i will come back to you.

My colleague was available. Here‘s everything:

ii jitsi-meet 2.0.5142-1 all WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii jitsi-meet-prosody 1.0.4466-1 all Prosody configuration for Jitsi Meet
ii jitsi-meet-turnserver 1.0.4466-1 all Configures coturn to be used with Jitsi Meet
ii jitsi-meet-web 1.0.4466-1 all WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii jitsi-meet-web-config 1.0.4466-1 all Configuration for web serving of Jitsi Meet
ii jitsi-videobridge2 2.1-376-g9f12bfe2-1 all WebRTC compatible Selective Forwarding Unit (SFU)

Yeah, that’s the issue - there was a bug in 5142-1 that’s now been fixed in the current stable. You need to upgrade to the latest version.

You are a livesaver. Thank so much!!
All the best,
Alvaro

@dcomsystems Is transcription working for you on the stable versions of Jitsi and jigasi?

If so, would you please let us know if you have done any extra steps, after install.

Most of us are struggling to get it right. Observing error ‘room is null’(jicofo.log)

Any help from you is appreciated.
Thanks.

Let us try the new update and i will come back to you. Give us some days.