Specify jvb websockets colibri-ws url in meet config.js

Hi,

we are using jitsi meet on two different ports: one port (meet.mydomain.com:443) internally and externally (meet.mydomain.com:3125) for external users (443 is externally used by something else). Both get different config.js for meet that contain the corresponding ports and used to work fine until the upgrade to v4900.

With the new JVB however a single websocket port is hardcoded in /etc/jitsi/jvb/jvb.conf. I believe that this port in jvb.conf is then used to form the request to meet.mydomain.com/colibri-ws/default-id/..., which of course fails for external users.

Is it possible to somehow set the colibri-ws url in config.js of jitsi meet? Or other tips how to get the old behaviour?

Have you tried adding the port with the domain in jvb.conf jitsi-videobridge/reference.conf at faf933793793862f9697ae4ffa55a994d108b9eb · jitsi/jitsi-videobridge · GitHub?

We are already using the domain and port. Our jvb.conf currently looks as following:

videobridge {
    http-servers {
        public {
            port = 9090
        }
    }
    websockets {
        enabled = true
        domain = "meet.mydomain.com:443"
        tls = true
    }
}

For internal users this works, however external users would need the port 3125 here, i.e. domain = "meet.mydomain.com:3125". I would like to know whether I can specify the port in the config.js of the web frontend.

Or is there a way to restore the old behaviour where data gets sent via port 10000? That one is indeed forwarded from external meet.mydomain.com:10000 to the actual machine running jitsi meet.

The port here is just for the websocket connection from client to jvb, the media port does not change and is 10000.

You cannot have two settings for internal or external users for the jvb websocket, make sure there is one setting that works for both.

Thanks for the time, thoughts, and reply.